“Lovely Place Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Canyon Lake, Texas
“Lovely Place Great Staff”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in February. Loved the Hotel very clean and beautiful. Super location close to everything and great southern hospitality. A little noisy cause your in party central of Savannah but overall a wonderful place to stay!

Sharon B, Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the AVIA. We value your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Very good experience from beginning to end.

There is a public parking ramp nearby but I used valet for $20. It is worth it to me not to have to deal with the parking. Valet was very nice and helped me with my bags.

The front desk clerks were very welcoming and had me checked in and when I left checked out very quickly.

The decor is beautiful throughout the hotel as well as the rooms. The rooms while not overly large, are well-appointed and include free wireless internet. The hotel is not located near a high traffic area so it was very quiet. The bed was comfortable and soft. Lots of mini bar items available for purchase. The bathroom is not huge but well appointed with great smelling bath items and a robe. I only wish there were a bathtub in addition to the shower.

Avia is within walking distance of The Lady and Sons, as well as River Street and all the historic Squares. Panera Bread is just a few blocks away as is Milan Day Spa which is fabulous!

Great value for the price. I wish that I had more time to enjoy the area but I was traveling for business. Hopefully, the next stay is for pleasure!

Room Tip: I get a corporate rate thru my employer BUT Avia does have great rates on www.sniqueaway.com from ti...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ablonde1
Sharon B, Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
We have received the wonderful comments you entered on TripAdvisor and want to thank you personally for sharing your positive experience with us. It is very gratifying to receive such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is our third stay at this hotel, which is located in Savannah's historic district. This visit we only had a regular room which was nice but not nearly as nice as their suites. An enjoyable overnight stay

Room Tip: Suites are the best but morwe expensive.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank endjed
Sharon B, Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
We certainly appreciate your loyalty. We hope to see you for your 4th visit very soon.
Madison, WI
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband & I stayed in the AVIA for three nights during a long getaway weekend, and really have no complaints. Our room was well appointed and very clean. (In fact, when we first walked into the room, my husband's "wow" reaction that told me he feared my internet deal was going to land us somewhere terrible.) Friendly staff worked hard to get us in our room to freshen up after our early morning flight. And, consistent with what others have said on this site, the location was very convenient to the bars on river street and the sights & attractions of the historic district. The concierge at the hotel was EXTREMELY helpful, and pointed us in all the right directions. My husband & I often rely on concierges when we travel, and the Avia's staff was top-notch.

But...

Something about the AVIA was just a little "off" for me. Staff seemed a little put-out when we asked for help in organizing a cab back to the airport, and the whole process was really confusing. (So confusing that our cab driver actually ran back into the hotel to check to see whether we were the right guests! He confessed that he had once actually taken the wrong guests - with the wrong luggage - to the airport because of a mix-up at the AVIA.) Our room was noisy, but not in the way we expected - the a/c "whooshed" on intermittently, and both the refrigerator & minibar in the kitchenette gave off loud sounds all night. We actually had to rig the door of the mini-bar to stop it from clicking, and that resulted in a mini-bar charge that we had to dispute.

In the end, all of our complaints and concerns were answered professionally and adequately, but never really raised our experience to the highest level.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not facing the construction activity on Barnard Street if traveling in early 20...
1 Thank WITraveller251
Pedro P, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the AVIA Savannah hotel.

I am happy to hear that you liked the room and the Concierge was extremely helpful. I will make sure that I share your comments with her.

I apologize that one of my employees made you feel uncomfortable when trying to make your taxi reservations. I will speak with the employees to ensure this does not happen again. We take pride in creating great experiences for our guests and if we have any employee not following our customer service guidelines, we will conduct additional training with our staff.

I have also sent our Chief Engineer to check the mini bar and air conditioner in this room to ensure they are working properly and noise free.

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention. We value your comments and they will help us become better.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Pedro Perez
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2012

First time in Savannah we stayed at the Avia.Which was right in the downtown area. We walked to everything. We had a King suite beautiful room.The hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful. Had breakfast downstairs it was excellent. The only thing was the water pressure in shower was very low.We called downstairs they came to check but no difference. We used the Concierge very helpful. We would differently stay again. We had a great time.

2 Thank Hkt46
Sharon B, Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you had a positive stay here with us at the AVIA. I will send on your comments to our Executive Chef and our concierge. We look forward to seeing you again soon.