1,501 results
All reviews evening reception free happy hour mercy hospital made to order omelets room suite complimentary breakfast valet parking valet staff the entire staff few blocks johns hopkins convention center fremont surgery conference doorman garage
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We got off to a bad start when we arrived late and there was no one to check us in. We waited an hour and a half for the night staff to show up to give us our room. Then he gave us the wrong time for breakfast. When we arrived the next day after breakfast was over, the chef graciously found food for us. After that, our stay was fairly pleasant.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Dirty, dingy hotel. Our room smelled like smoke. Staff uninterested and almost rude. Valet made anti semitic comments about why the restaurants were crowded and the schools closed. He said it was because of Rosh Hoshsona and because of "money " what a jerk

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank bankgirl1953
Reviewed 13 September 2018

This hotel had a designated block of rooms for attendees at a meeting in the complex. Given previous positive experiences at Embassy Suites properties, I booked into the block. Unfortunately, several very odd and slightly disturbing features means that I will not stay at this property again.

I'll start with the positives: The people -- very nice and very helpful. A good breakfast buffet that features made to order omelets (made with a smile) though the juice machine was broken.

Let's go now to the issues. Most importantly, I would categorize my room as borderline creepy. Arriving in the evening, I opened the door and there was no light switch; where one should have been by the door, the outlet had a cover plate over it. I had to use the light feature on my phone to wander into a dark room to find a lamp to turn on. I did note this situation to the front desk when checking out and they said that they would look into it. I consider this to be a safety factor.

Next, finding the extremely small and difficult to use bathroom. This extremely small bathroom, one of the smallest that I have ever seen, was entered through a very large closet with a safe perched on a block. You could not use the sink without closing the door. The shower was dirty, The lighting was poor, and the bathroom had the only mirror that I could spot in the room.

The room was large but strangely unadorned and somewhat sterile, similar to the bed which had a sheet with spots on it. Through a small entrance by the window, a small, narrow kitchenette area could be accessed. The overall layout was extremely odd.

The internet was free but cut out frequently. The hallway and elevators seemed older and were slightly shabby, as was the breakfast and bar areas of the hotel. This building needs attention to its infrastructure.

The location also seemed isolated at night.

In summary, with so many options in Baltimore, I will stay elsewhere if I need to be at a meeting, even if it is in the building next door to this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Often_on_road
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. Staff was nice and the room was very spacious. I enjoyed the fact it was close to the harbor and walked everywhere. The staff made check-in easy and the happy hour was a plus. I will stay at this property again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2018

After staying at the Marriott Waterfront for 3 days for a family wedding we switched over to this hotel to be closer to the Orioles game. (it is within walking distance) Not only was the price cheaper but WOW did they bring the extra services. From the free happy hour (5:30-7:30pm) it had an extensive alcohol, beer, and wine options and some foods like nachos to snack on. The room was quite large and very spacious. The next morning we went to the FREE breakfast and I was impressed with the options here. You can have your own omelettes custom made or quickly grab some food on the buffets. The only thing that held it back from being excellent was the luggage service and the issue we had at the front desk. There was no one to help assist with your luggage up or down to your room. Also we were told we could use our Hilton rewards gift cards here and they informed us you cannot. We called the Hilton rewards after and they said they are not sure why this happened because all Hilton's that accept American Express should accept these.

Date of stay: August 2018