1,791 results
All reviews explorers lounge across the street harbor view room maryland science center chocolate covered strawberries federal hill beautiful hotel bottle of champagne valet parking camden yards room was spacious indoor pool front desk staff king bed national aquarium mini fridge fitness center
Reviewed 4 October 2015

I will preface this review by saying that everyone we encountered during our stay at this hotel was exceedingly friendly--my feelings about this hotel have nothing to do with any of the staff. And I know, I do, that you're gambling any time you make reservations at a hotel--you might not get "the" perfect room, your room might be really noisy, etc. However, I just was so disappointed in the room we got. Do you see a Harbor OR a Court? Any water? Anything worth opening the curtains for? The pictures you see here are pics of the view from our room. We called down to get another room but apparently all the Doubles were booked. In addition to our room, the whole place just seemed a tich shoddy--the bar stools in the Explorers Lounge were on their last legs and we actually had to inform one gentleman that his entire chair was about to collapse. If you're dead set on this hotel, please stay away from room #405.

Room Tip: Avoid #405. Make sure you're getting a harbor view when you book.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Thank you for the lovely comment about the friendly service delivered by my staff. I certainly apologize that you were not happy about the view from your Lee Street guestroom. We are very upfront about the views from the Lee Street king and two queen guestrooms. Your review does not address what channel you booked your accommodations on, but the following Lee Street room description is from the hotel's website: ‘View of surrounding buildings immediately to south of hotel, including a parking garage and office building’.

We do offer Courtyard View guestrooms, City View guestrooms, and Harborview guestrooms. The City View and Harborview guestrooms are both available at an additional premium, and the spectacular views are well worth it, as hundreds of guest room tips here on Trip Advisor attest to. Of course, had availability permitted during your stay, we would have gladly moved you to a different room. Each of our guestrooms features 420 square feet of comfort and style, as our guestrooms are the Inner Harbor area's largest and each features new furnishings following our $10 million renovation completed earlier this year. The only difference in the guestrooms is in the view outside the floor-to-ceiling window.

Regarding your experience in Explorer's, our restaurant/lounge was the only aspect of our hotel that was not included in our $10 million property renovation. Please accept my apology for the condition of the furnishings. We are making incremental changes in Explorer's over the next several months that we will announce in this forum as they come to fruition. Our guests appreciate the safari theme to the lounge, and we aniticpate that this theme will carry on.

I would love the opportunity to host you again, perhaps in a harborview guestroom or suite, so that you have a chance to experience the best of our hotel as so many other travelers have. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can assist in planning your next stay.

Bob Haislip
(410) 347-9707
bhaislip@sonesta.com

Reviewed 28 September 2015

We stayed at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Baltimore for three days. Beautiful place to stay. Great staff!!!!! Only 15 mins from Camden Yards, located in the Inner Harbor. Close to all kinds of restaurants, the aquarium and the water taxi.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Thank you for the lovely comments shared about your recent stay at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. Our staff really makes the difference between a good stay and a great stay, by providing friendly and personalized service consistently. I appreciate the warm sentiments expressed about my team, and I am glad they left an indelible impression.

So many guests remark that our location is absolutely perfect for visiting all of the attractions they want to see, from the National Aquarium and Maryland Science Center across the street along the waterfront promenade to Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium, both just a short stroll a few blocks west.

On behalf of our entire team, I hope you'll both be back soon for another Inner Harbor adventure in beautiful Charm City!

Reviewed 27 September 2015

We decided to take the kids out of town for a couple of days and Baltimore seemed like a good spot for a variety of reasons unrelated to this review. We picked the Royal Sonesta since it was close to the Inner Harbor. The location is excellent. It is right across the street from the Maryland Science Center, and a short walk to the rest of the Inner Harbor area. We walked from the hotel to the Aquarium, Little Italy, etc. It is also close to Federal Hill, but we ran out of time to make it there.

There is a parking lot adjacent, but if you want to enter/exit without paying again, you need to check in the hotel first and get the charge put on your room bill. If you pay directly at the parking lot, you have to pay for re-entry. Luckily this was explained on the hotel web page, but it could be an expensive detail to miss. (Self park is about $25/day plus tax vs. $36/day plus tax for valet.)

There's a nice indoor pool and small but well equipped fitness center (and racquetball court). My kids loved the indoor pool, although it was probably about 2 or 3 degrees cooler than I'd have preferred. (I'm in the indoor pool with them at the YMCA for swimming lessons all the time, and the pool was definitely on the cool side. Not uncomfortably cold, but right on the verge.) There is a hot tub also with a decent view of the city skyline.

We just got a courtyard view and the view was nothing really to speak of since it's pointing at the middle of the building, but I imagine the harbor view or city view rooms have a pretty nice view (based on the view from the pool/gym area on the 7th floor).

We slept well on the 4th floor -- we weren't woken by any noisy guests or traffic noise or anything like that.

I'd definitely stay there again.

Did not try any of the restaurants or room service.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Thank you for providing the travel community as well as our team a comprehensive review of your experience staying with us recently at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. I am glad that you chose us for our ideal location just across the street from the shops, dining, and attractions of the Inner Harbor. The Maryland Science Center, Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, the Baltimore Visitors Center, and Harborplace are all right across the street from our hotel, and other great places to visit like the National Aquarium, Top of the World Baltimore, and Port Discovery Children’s Museum are a quick stroll along the waterfront. Additionally, Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium (home of the Ravens) are both within easy walking distance.

Our Courtyard guestrooms offer serenity rarely found in a downtown hotel, as these guestrooms face towards our gardens, apiary, or private courtyard entrance, rather than any city street. Combine the lack of street noise with great soundproofing and the fact that our hotel has no guestrooms across the hall from one another, and the Courtyard guestrooms are ideal for a restful, undisturbed night's sleep.

Our rooftop Fitness Center certainly offers incredible skyline views of Charm City, and even a look at the famous warehouse that frames Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Our indoor saltwater pool is open daily from 5:00 am through 10:00 pm and features a dedicated lap lane and plenty of room for the kids to splash and play. We maintain a pool temperature of 83 degrees. Next to the pool is our hot tub. The 24--hour Fitness Center offers something for all exercise lovers, from the outdoor sport court with basketball, tennis, and volleyball to the racquetball court. Also, the facility features Life Fitness workout equipment, free weights, men's and women's saunas, and even a room dedicated to yoga and Pilates, complete with a weekly class schedule.

Though the hotel neither owns nor operates the adjacent parking garage, we do offer overnight parking for our guests that includes unlimited in-and-out privileges through a few hours after checkout time on the date of your scheduled departure. We also offer valet parking as you mentioned, and there are typically various packages available online that include parking in the price.

On behalf of my entire team, I hope we do have the opportunity to host your family again soon! Thank you for visiting us in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

Very nice hotel and room. Staff very friendly and helpful. Unbelievable view of the harbour from window seat. All needs met with a smile.

I would not hesitate to book a room here for my personal use. Great choice if you wish to walk on the river front. Shopping and good food within walking distance.

Room Tip: Large rooms with king bed. Make sure you get the harbour view!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Michael, I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the stylish comfort of one of our beautifully redesigned harborview guestrooms. At 420 square feet, we boast the largest guestrooms of any Inner Harbor property, and the addition of the window seat within the floor-to-ceiling bay window continues to be an overwhelming hit, as guests enjoy taking in the amazing water views for hours upon hours. As you mentioned, dozens of restaurants, shops, and all the wonderful Inner Harbor attractions such as the Maryland Science Center, National Aquarium, and many other museums are right across the street along the waterfront promenade. Thank you for taking the time to recognize the friendly service and hospitality exhibited by my wonderful team--I will share your review with the staff. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon for another great stay in the Inner Harbor!

Reviewed 25 September 2015

Our children gifted their father and I to a weekend stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. The hotel is gorgeous,our view fabulous and the staff were awesome! A great indicator of feeling valued begins from the time you are greeted...Jose and Toni kicked it off for us upon arrival to the hotel, followed by smiling, friendly young man that provided us with smooth check in. We were then guided by the wonderful aroma of crab balls and greeted by Chef Zeus himself! They were delicious! What can I say about our concierge Jonathan???? "Wow!" My husband and I wanted jazz with music...Jonathan recommended a very nice restaurant nestled in the heart of the city and even arranged for transportation to and fro....what a wonderful experience, The decor of the room was modern, warm and cozy coupled with the harbor view...we literally made ourselves go outside! High "5 star" royal experience at the Royal Sonesta.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2015

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore with our team, as well as with the travel community. We are so proud of our wonderful new look and new vibe that resulted from our $10 million property renovation that we completed earlier this year (in April 2015, to be precise), but your feedback is yet another example illustrating that it is the personalized service consistently executed by my team that ultimately separates our hotel from the other properties in the Inner Harbor area. I look forward to sharing your comments with Jose, Tony, Zeus, and Jonathan, four among the dozens of superstars on our team.

I know by your descriptions that you must have arrived on a Friday afternoon or early evening, because each Friday, Chef Zeus sets the tone for a great upcoming weekend by preparing miniature crabcakes in our lobby adjacent to the Front Desk. These free appetizers are a big hit with our arriving guests, and Chef Zeus loves to chat with our guests as he prepared one of his signature dishes!

I'm also glad to hear that Jonathan listened to exactly the type of dining experience you were seeking, and then perfectly matched you with a restaurant that hit the right notes (pun intended) and left you with great memories.

Our harborview guestrooms not only offer the best views imaginable of the Inner Harbor, but one of the touches added during our renovation is the window seat situated inside of each harborview guestroom's floor-to-ceiling bay window. Because that seat is so comfortable and allows our guests to enjoy the panoramic skyline and waterfront views while also relaxing in style, many guests have offered similar remarks that it becomes tough to get motivated to get outside to enjoy the Inner Harbor and its many attractions. However, with so much to see and do in Charm City and nearly all of the great spots to see being easily accessible from our front doors by foot, it is worth it to step outside the hotel to have some fun. And, remember, that view will still be awaiting you upon your return to the hotel!

Once again, on behalf of my entire team, thank you so much for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon!