“pleasantly surprised”
Review of Cazbar

Cazbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cazbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 2,016 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Saratoga Street
Description: The Cazbar is Baltimore’s first and only Turkish Restaurant located at the heart of the Historic Charles Street District. We feature authentic Turkish cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. We are open daily for Lunch and Dinner. Join us on Friday or Saturday nights for our exotic Belly Dancing shows and our new lounge. In addition, we have two very unique and beautiful banquet rooms that can accommodate an intimate dinner for 2 or a gathering for 100. If you’re in the mood for something light, visit us at our Kebap House in Columbia, Maryland. For corporate, residential, or hotel catering, please contact me at chef@cazbarbaltimore.com I invite you to join us for a unique dining experience at the Cazbar. -Haluk Kantar Chef / Owner
Baltimore, Maryland
“pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We tried Cazbar and had a very nice meal. The mixed meze plate was tasty and varied. The doner kebab was perfectly prepared, and adding almond slivers to the rice is a nice touch. You must try the Turkish fruit wine!

• Turkish first
Bethesda, MD
“sorry I missed the belly dancing!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Went for a pre-theater dinner and started off well when I discovered I was able to park directly in front of Cazbar (on Sunday). Comfortable & welcome in appearance, our waiter was friendly and patiently answered our questions. Started with a mixed meze plate which was very good. Some spreads were expected, others were more unusual, & with thier bread was a great start. A calmari appetizer was ok. Entrees mostly kebabs which seemed to make everyone happy. My wife and I split a Mixed Grill which not only had plenty of well seasoned meat, but a nice portion of rice and a crisp side salad.

Pasadena, Maryland
“Fabulous flavors”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My foodie friend and I shared a great lunch at Cazbar. We both ordered the 3 course lunch and shared the 6 items we chose. We both liked the pumpkin soup and lentil soup, preferred the lentil soup. We couldn't get enough of the spicy ezme. The stuffed eggplant and veggie casserole were amazing. We knew the doner was the house specialty, but just weren't interested in meat.
Never ones to turn down dessert, we enjoyed the kadaif immensely.
There wasn't a bite we didn't enjoy-and we are already planning to return!

Baltimore, Maryland
“will come back again and again.”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

excellent service, food is wonderful, relaxed atmosphere. love the Turkish coffee and the homemade bread

1 Thank Vickie W
Detroit, Michigan
“A Great Find”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We had our first dinner here last night. I was really great. It was a bit crowded, but we had reservations. WOW, the food was great. I had the chicken chop, my friends had either the moussaka or shish kabobs. I had the mushroom with cheese appetizer which was out of this world. I was worried becasue it was something totally new for me, but boy, I am glad the waitress suggested it. Actually, the waitress was pretty funny, knew her stuff, and steered us right.

The bread was great. The salads were great. I was not bowled over with my drink - I had a Pomegranate martini which tasted more like High-C fruit punch. We got the dessert assortment which was really good. I got this odd Turkish dessert that was ....baked, with cheese and a sweet syrupy kind of stuff and maybe phyllo - not sure, but it was GOOD.

We will definately be back. Try the chicken chop - it was delicious. I am dying to know what they cooked it in. Yummy.

• Visited February 2012