All reviews murphy bed hip hotel front desk hardwood floors valet parking blackout shades large bathroom lobby area quick walk walking distance loved this hotel hotel room great room beautiful hotel the check in process valet service great rate
Reviewed 5 April 2016

The location is great, just a couple of blocks away from the harbor. Overall, we had a great 3 day stay. The hotel has a boutique look and feel that was surprising for a chain. The room was clean, well decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. This hotel appears to run in a fairly cost effective manner, with younger staff, very few amenities in the rooms, and cleaning upon request. Kionte was the most attentive and professional staff member I encountered. The only real drawback I saw was that the check in process takes quite a while. The staff appears to be hard-working and busy all the time, but I just don't think they have enough staff to service the customers.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Carlos_Orihuela-BLT, General Manager at Hotel RL Baltimore Inner Harbor by Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Dear LilMissMira,

Thank you for your honest feedback and for your most recent stay in our Hotel. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Kionte, he is a true asset to our team.

Carlos

Reviewed 3 April 2016

This hotel gets 2 stars only because the rooms were nice, contemporary, and clean. That is about it, and while they were nice, they weren't nice enough to return AFTER we had belongings go missing. We arrived at this hotel on a Thursday, we used valet parking since we had an infant with us, which we most certainly shouldn't have. After getting back into our vehicle Saturday morning once retrieved from valet, I went to reach for my altoid mints which had been on the top of the dash when we dropped off, but they were missing!! OK, no big deal, my husband and i got a good laugh out of the fact that someone from services would take mints. But, as we traveled to the airport and the sun began to shine, reached for my new sunglasses that were in the SAME spot, and they were missing too! Now, that is uncalled for! Called the hotel and asked to speak with the manager, she stated she was speaking, explained the situation to her (without being directly accusatory towards valet) and at the end of the conversation, she stated "well, i'm actually just the restaurant manager but I will pass this along to the GM and he will give you a call". Well, a week later and still no return call. Service was terrible, they really need to step it up or they are going to go out of business with so many other hotels around. Staff member for restaurant didn't show for shift one night, so getting food there was not an option. Numerous other mishaps. A shame because its a fun, funky hotel. Will not return

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Carlos_Orihuela-BLT, General Manager at Hotel RL Baltimore Inner Harbor by Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Dear travelingthroughtime,

I am very disappointed to learn about your most recent experience with us. Please send me your booking details (Name, contact information and dates) and I would be more than happy to look into this matter.

We take these matters very seriously and you have my promise that I will personally look into this matter.

Awaiting your response,

carlos.orihuela@redlion.com

Reviewed 2 April 2016

One of my all-time favorite hotels! Wonderful, modern design - don't miss the lobby chandelier made of bicycle parts - but still preserving the historic architecture of this beautiful building. Some of the most helpful and engaged staff ever. The room was comfortable - loved the beds. We found the street noise to be minimal. The shower was huge and the assortment of shampoos, soaps, and body washes was unique. Very convenient to Inner Harbor attractions and a short walk from the light rail.

Dear Katherine D,

Thank you very much for such a fantastic review! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel. Please let me know if I could be of further assistance.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

I booked this hotel thru Hotels Tonight after missing a flight out of BWI. I drove to the hotel only to find it located in a very sketchy neighborhood. Traveling with four children and having to take them out to eat, I simply did not feel safe at all. The entry to the hotel is located on a one way street that we initially believed to be an alleyway.

Based solely on your family's safety, I would not recommend this hotel or the area it is in. Stay by the airport if stuck at BWI.

In case you miss it in the name the RL stands for Red Lion.. Nuff Said

Asked for a refund on the reservation made 15 minutes prior and the hotel would not do so. Manager out me on hold when I called to complain about not getting a refund and never came back on the line. Held for over 20 min.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Carlos_Orihuela-BLT, General Manager at Hotel RL Baltimore Inner Harbor by Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Dear Clifford H,

I am very sorry to learn about your most recent review, considering we are two blocks away from the Inner Harbor where most of our guests find fantastic restaurants and entertainment outlets in the city.

I am also very concerned about your wait on the phone, where you calling the hotel directly or your booking engine? We have a history of being very flexible with bookings made the same day. Please share those details with me and I would be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

The staff was amazing and very helpful, also extremely friendly. The room was very nice. The noise wasnt bad. Your in a city so we expected to hear the fire trucks going buy.Very affortable.
You pay 34.00 a day for parking but you can get your car at anytime.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Carlos_Orihuela-BLT, General Manager at Hotel RL Baltimore Inner Harbor by Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Dear Per R,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am very happy that you found our staff very friendly, they are a true asset to our company.

Please let me know if I can be off further assistance.

Regards,