All reviews fells point great location whole foods front desk free breakfast walking distance valet parking bathroom door pull out sofa sitting area indoor pool minute walk hotel is located rooms are large few blocks definitely stay here again johns hopkins
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We stayed at the Hyatt Place for 4 nights in July. Our experience was a mixed bag.

The good:

The staff: everyone at the hotel clearly wanted us to have an enjoyable stay. They were very friendly and helpful with recommendations for anything that we needed. They high fived, fist bumped, and were very kind to our toddler.

The breakfast: This is probably one of the best continental breakfasts I've had in a hotel. Fresh juice, whole fruit, cut fruit, oatmeal, cereals, infused water, milk, yogurt, and teas, coffee each day. They had a rotating meat items (bacon, sausage, sausage gravy), pastry item (pancakes, french toast waffles) and hot fruit (bananas foster and berry compote) each day as well. Be on the look out for the little window clings above each area that give you "recipes" to try. Also if you can get there before the last half hour of breakfast that's the best it gets REALLY busy. The staff did a great job trying to keep up with the demand but things would run out for a few minutes.

Location: You're right in little Italy, Nando's is an awesome restaurant next to this hotel, and you're only about two blocks away from the free bus The Charm City Circulator. It's about a half mile to mile walk to points along the harbor (visitor's center, children's museum, Science center) but if you use the bus it's not too bad.

The Bad:

Housekeeping wasn't that great here. Two out of the three days we left early in the morning and came back after three and our room wasn't done. This is frustrating when you have a toddler that needs naptime. The first time we chose not to have them come and it was a bit difficult getting towels and toliet paper delivered. The other time we had to leave so that they would come and pushed off nap time.

The ugly:

If you have sensitive skin beware. My son and I have never had any issues with allergies at hotels (or allergies period for that matter) however the bed sheets caused us to breakout in terrible hives and itching to the point where we bought benedryl and calamine lotion. We even put my son in only a beach towel one night to sleep to see if it helped. After we left our legs broke out in little red bumps. We ended up treated it as if it was bedbugs and found relief after that and leaving this hotel. We can't be sure whether it was some sort of allergy or a pest but it definitely made our stay less than comfortable. I should note my husband did not experience any symptoms.

In summary this is a nice hotel, however maybe bring your own sheets and towels?

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Nick K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore / Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Abbie R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Baltimore. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. This is not the typical experience at our property, or any Hyatt for that matter.
Please know that we are utilizing your comments to improve the guest experience at our property. I have shared your comments with our department heads to ensure your comments are addressed.

We do hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Hotel was convenient to lots of attractions and restaurants. Easy to walk to water taxi or get an Uber to get to other side of harbor. Staff was fantastic! Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Would recommend to friends and would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Nick K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore / Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear dmcdonald117,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Baltimore Inner Harbor.
Thank you for sharing your feedback about our excellent location and amenities. We truly appreciate you recommending our property.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Had a business meeting at the inner harbor. I was very pleased from the moment I arrived. Greeted by a pleasant valet and the very nice staff at the desk. Check-in was seamless. My room was very nice. Clean, spacious and quiet. The hotel is in a great location. Close to all the activity, but away from all the noise. Very good restaurants, a Whole Foods and a CVS only a few blocks away. Definitely would recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear thewoobys,

Thank you for choosing our property as your home away from home while here for a meeting. As you mentioned, our property has an ideal location and provides a wealth of amenities to all of our guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Check-in process was sub-par. I've used the online check-in process at other Hyatt Place locations in the past and it has always been seamless. This time, I did the online check-in at 0830 the morning of arrival saying I'd be there at 3:30 pm. I arrived at 3:35 and was told the room was not ready but would be ready in 15 minutes. I sat in the lobby until 4:15 when I finally went to the front desk and ask for an update. The guy said the room still wasn't ready. I told him I needed to be checked in and needed to get a shower before a party I was attending a couple blocks away. He asked what time the party was, I told him 5:00. He then enlisted the help of a colleague (manager?) who was able to open up a room immediately. When check-in is stated as 3:00 on the website, and you have to wait until 4:30 to get in your room, when you checked-in online at 0830, it's a bit frustrating. I will say, the staff was courteous and the hotel was clean. The room was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Nick K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore / Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear David T,

The team and I truly appreciate your feedback as it helps to improve our service levels and overall product. I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting your room ready upon arrival. I can assure you that this is not the typical experience when staying at our property. I will be sure to address this with the team to ensure that it does not happen again.

We do hope that you will return to give our property another try. If I can be of further assistance please reach out to me directly at nick.kelley@hyatt.com

Reviewed 30 July 2018

This hotel only offers valet parking at a rate of $35 a day plus taxes. There is a parking garage a block away but it can be costly also. The lack of parking or the parking fee was never mentioned on the website when booking. The pool is also very small.

Dear KLSMILTON,

Please know that we appreciate your feedback about parking. Our Hyatt.com site does mention that our parking is "$35/night plus tax" but we will be sure to audit all other sites as well.
We also evaluate our parking fees against the other surrounding properties and our price is in line, and sometimes lower, that the other local hotels.
Please reach out to me directly at nick.kelley@hyatt.com if you should need anything else.