All reviews bank vault vault downstairs front desk valet parking conference room free breakfast sitting area camden yards would stay here again king suite walking distance sofa bed hot items yogurt historic building breakfast staff make your own waffles
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I am a Platinum Elite Marriott member , over a million points . So I have seen a lot of Marriott hotels . This one was a waste of my time and money. Reserved a 2 bedroom "suite" . First, couldnt check in early . Isnt that a benefit of being Platinum Elite ? OK no worries that happens. Didnt get into the room until 5pm. Second , the suite which was expensive was super small and had the worlds worst window. See picture. Literally couldnt see anything, its was dark in the room 24x7 . They dont show you that on the website. ON the website the picture of the bedroom has the curtain closed . Really some false BS advertising. Third, came back to our room on the first day at 3pm and IT WASNT CLEANED . Shouldnt it be cleaned by then? Called down , no answer , went to the front desk and they have a sign " Gone helping other customers". SO we had to wait and ask our room to be cleaned. And fourth to top it all off , make sure you call down for your car like 8 HOURS before you need it. It is the worst. Every time I needed the car we had to wait forever, apparently the same valets do work for the Hampton Inn across street. Lastly, Im giving the hotel a pass on the street closings and building construction noise everywhere since its out of their control but they allow construction workers to share the elevator IN THE HOTEL! . So nice at 7am when you are going to get coffee. Dont waste your time, plenty of other , better options in Baltimore. This hotel was terrible

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
SHSBaltimoreGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest (nyctmd),

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We truly apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. With your detailed response, it definitely seems like we missed the mark on delivering the service experience that we focus on delivering to each and every guest. I truly apologize for this and I have shared your response with our team as a coaching opportunity to help us improve overall as a team.

Again, thank you for your response and we are focused on making the overall experience better for you and all of our guests in the future.

Daymain S.
Springhill Suites Baltimore Downtown / Inner Harbor

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Very cool retro building with character. I really enjoyed the location as it was a VERY short walk and/or Uber ride to multiple attractions and great restaurants...including Little Italy. Only negative is that the breakfast was really under par compared to other SpringHill's I have stayed at...and I am sorry to say that the breakfast workers/personnel we not overly friendly. Check in and other staff were very nice!! Management needs to speak to the Breakfast staffers to greet guests with a smile and accommodate a bit more. Just my 2 cents....This was a leisure trip as opposed to my normal business trip(s) so maybe I noticed the negativity of the breakfast staff a bit more as I was not in a hurry to get to an appointment. Overall, this would not deter me from staying at this location on my next visit to Baltimore.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
SamanthaS4992, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Hi Gary!
Thank you for your review. Our building was originally a bank built in 1900! We kept as close to the original design as possible when converting into a hotel. We do have quite a bit of character at our location! We are also located right in the heart of Baltimore, which as you mentioned, makes us walking distance to many restaurants and attractions such as the Aquarium, Camden Yards and M&T Stadium, the Convention Center, Royal Farms Arena and much much more!
Gary, please feel free to contact me to further discuss any difficulties you experienced with any of our staff. We like to pride ourselves in putting service first and always going above and beyond for our guests, it sounds like what you experienced is not typical of our location or brand and I am interested in learning more about your experience.
We hope you will come to visit us the next time you are in Baltimore!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The location was amazing. Only 2 blocks from the inner harbor, in a fantastic renovated elegant bank building. Hot breakfast was easy and filling, staff was helpful and friendly. The room was clean and spacious. Bathroom tile/grout and beds showed a little age/wear & tear, but nothing to inhibit the comfort of our stay. Be sure to see the old vault downstairs! We would def stay here again for sure.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
SamanthaS4992, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hi KittyChick!
Thank you so much for your SUITE review! You said it all! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you find yourself in Baltimore!

Reviewed 1 September 2018

I have stayed at SpringHill Suites Downtown Baltimore on several occasions while being treated at John Hopkins Hospital downtown campus. The hotel provides taxi vouchers that can be used for transportation to and from the hospital. Check hotel prices online and then contact the John Hopkins accommodation office to check prices given to Hopkins patients. During the high season, the hospital gives you better prices, off-season you will find better prices online.

Each room has a mini-fridge and microwave. The breakfast gives guests a large selection including fresh fruit. Good place to stay for a patient and family because there are 2 sections to each room. One section has a sofa and the mini-kitchen area and the other is a sleeping area. There is no door between sections but there is a wall that divides them. This allows for the patient to rest while others can be in the sitting area and watch TV or do other activities. Let the front desk know that you are staying at the hotel for a Hopkins visit. They have been very accommodating to my needs. While visiting the hotel in January, they offered me an upgraded room since the hotel had low occupancy after i told them I was staying there as a Hopkins patient. It was comforting to meet other patients and families visiting John Hopkins at the hotel.

The hotel is a renovated historic bank building, It has the original elevators and mail drops in the halls by the elevators on each floor. The lobby of today's hotel was the lobby of the bank. The coffee station is on an old bank desk that was in the lobby. Take a trip to the lower level and see the bank vault that has been converted to a conference room.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the largest rooms in the hotel. 11th floor rooms are 2 bedrooms/2 baths.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmella D
Samantha S, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Hi Carmella!
Thank you so much for your SUITE review! You said it all! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you return with us on your next visit to Johns Hopkins!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Had a very nice stay at Springhill Suites. Great location, close to all the attractions (Harbour, aquarium, Camden Yards). Our bathtub in the room was a little wonky and Zyla at the front desk was very helpful and went above and beyond. Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Samantha S, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Hi yyzchaos!
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and location! I am thrilled that Zyla was able to assist you with any difficulties that you experienced.
Please come back and see us again soon!