“LOBSTER ROLL”

Mama's on the Half Shell
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's on the Half Shell is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,391 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canton
Description: In 2003, we opened Mama's on the Half Shell. Our opening day was the realization of five years of dreaming, discussing and collecting. As native "Baltimoreans," we felt Baltimore lacked a real seafood restaurant. Because of our love for the restaurant business, our favorite pastime is to dine out, but we struggled to find the real taste of Baltimore seafood. We missed the classics, the ones that we could count on as kids, such as Connely's & Hausner's, the one we would visit with friends from out of town who say "take us to a real Baltimore seafood house." We missed that and wanted to bring it back. That's why we created Mama's on the Half Shell. Our menu is the most important part of our restaurant, but we also want our guests to come in and feel comfortable for any occasion: bringing in a client, Sunday football, a birthday, anniversary or just some time out. It's a great place to visit after a day on the water and it's also remembered by some as the place where they got engaged. Our restaurant is a place that you could "bring it or bring it down." There is really no average age at Mama's on the Half Shell which leads us to believe this truly is a Baltimore classic for food and celebration. For a good start to a classic Baltimore meal at Mama's, order a fried crab cake with mustard and our famous Orange Crush. Have a seat at the raw bar and just drift back into your best Baltimore memory, hon! It is our hope that when you are with us you feel you are welcomed into our home with open arms.
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

I'm from Virginia and did a day trip to Baltimore to visit the aquarium. I knew this was my opportunity to get a great lobster roll. My friend and I yelped and Mama's came up in the top 3 for the area.

Awesome location in a bar/restaurant area a few miles from the harbor. great outdoor seating and great historical decor inside. anyway the lobster roll here was expensive at $27 but it was worth everything. the freshest lobster-- so crisp, and the dressing was so light and did not empower the taste at all. the fries accompanying it was perfect. we also ordered an oyster po boy and that was pretty fantastic too.

would definitely come back to try out other seafood entrees.

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Weekends at the bar at Mama's is just fun. Matt gets our vote for best bartender in Baltimore, even if he doesn't understand that Alabama can beat the Ravens.

Good food, better drinks, great bartender. Try the specials. Don't miss the raw bar. And get your vitamin C with and orange crush.

Roll Tide!

1  Thank T R
Reviewed 17 March 2016

This place has a great atmosphere and the staff are wonderful. It is very popular, but for good reason- crab cake Okay, I know...we are in Maryland, there are a lot of places that serve good grab cakes, but these are different. I have had plenty of "crab cakes" in the area that are full of shredded something, cakey, oily, whatever. These are LUMP crab cakes, minimum filler and tons of flavor. I love them! I got them last time with their coleslaw (meh) and mac n cheese (yum) while my sister ordered a special- white tilapia (?) on coconut rice and greens. Hers was amazing, too. They never fail.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

nice place if you want seafood or lively atmosphere also Best Iceberg Salad with home made blue cheese

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Hands down the best crab cakes! Perfectly seasoned, lumps of crab meat and I chose broiled. The fried scallops and cod that came along with my seafood platter was less then thrilling. Fried oysters and our raw dozen were delicious. Will be returning with my mother for lunch later in the week probably yet again for the crab cakes. Great and attentive service as well!