“Food was a miss this time”
Review of Petit Louis Bistro

Petit Louis Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Petit Louis Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 2,227 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Upland Street
Description: Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf’s uptown eatery features classic French Bistro fare, an extensive, award winning French wine list & a lively Parisian atmosphere.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here many many times before. This time: soggy French fries, overly salted/greasy food, rice that looked like it came out of a bag (no flavor and pale) in a hospital cafeteria, fish was soggy and tasted old. We felt sick all the way home and beyond...

After so many years: no vegetarian options. Salad or a plate of vegetables is not vegetarian.

PL has always been hit or miss. This time I think we are cured of the experience once and for all.

Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Petit Louis Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

I would like to express my sincere regrets that you were less than impressed by the quality of your dining experience at Petit Louis Bistro in Roland Park. If you are willing, could you please send me your email address, so the owner can respond to your concerns personally? If you could provide any additional details, I would certainly be grateful so that I may address them with our staff. We will strive to continue to warrant your high regard for what we do.

If there is anything I can do to be of service to you at Petit Louis or at any of our properties, please do not hesitate to be in touch.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Humbly,

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We go to Petit Louis semi regularly. They never dissappoint. It is a tad on the pricey side, but well worth it. Highly recommended.

Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Petit Louis Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Phillip,

Please don't hesitate to be in touch if I may ever be of service at Petit Louis or at any of our restaurants or shops. It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back.

Please like and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up to date on Petit Louis.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We had not been to Petit Louis for a while and returned on a very busy Saturday night. Everything from start to end was perfect. We especially enjoyed the new Dijon mustard dressing they are using on the Frisée salad. We love to start our meal with this salad that is loaded with bacon. I had the gravlax for my main dish and my husband selected the duck confit served with saute onions and potatoes. We then had two cheeses and the chocolate mousse. We love the service at Petit Louis. Waiters and waitresses work as a team. It was a wonderful evening.

Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Petit Louis Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you, first of all, for joining us at Petit Louis Bistro in Roland Park and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the delayed response, but I am grateful for your comments. Your compliments to chef Chris Scanga's cooking and to our service staff are wonderful to hear.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Met for a friends night. Food was wonderful, absolutely no complaints. Tables were very close to each other. We sat in the back corner. I would suggest not going in a large group (greater than 4), as seating will be very tight.

Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Petit Louis Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you, first of all, for joining us at Petit Louis Bistro in Roland Park and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the delayed response but I am grateful for your comments. Your compliments to chef Chris Scanga's cooking and to our service staff are wonderful to hear.

Please don't hesitate to be in touch if I may ever be of service at Petit Louis or at any of my restaurants or shops. It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in the Baltimore area visiting family. We babysat and our son and daughter inlaw went to Petit Louis and came home raving about this restaurant. It was restaurant week and we took their advise and made a reservation.
It was wonderful. We were early for our reservation but were seated on time. We had five employees making sure we were taken care of. We did not drink. The appetizers and entree were very good with beautiful presentation. The desserts were beyond that. We had both the chocolate tart and raspberry mousse and shared them. They were so good.
True it was noisy. True we were served and out quickly but oh the food and service was amazing.