“Cosy little cafe with amazing food and service”
Review of SoBo Cafe

SoBo Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
SoBo Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,419 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: We pride ourselves on preparing our from-scratch menu with fresh seasonal ingredients and a whole lot of flavor. Our cozy, intimate dining room is the perfect setting to enjoy a seasonal dish and a glass of carefully chosen wine or beer. A favorite among neighbors and visitors, we go out of our way to make everyone feel at home. Weather permitting; delight in dining al fresco at one of our outdoor tables. We serve lunch daily, brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, dinner seven days and “SoBo Hour” at the bar and outdoor tables Monday through Friday, 5 pm to 7 pm. We’re a short walk from the stadiums and the inner harbor. SoBo Cafe follows sustainable practices by composting food waste and by recycling glass, metal, plastic & paper products. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

This was a great find in downtown Baltimore. I'm vegetarian and this cafe had plenty of yummy wholeseome vegetarian options with some great wine as well!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 16 May 2017

My wife and I always look forward to eating here. We have taken neighbors and friends here over the past couple of years and everyone of them have gone back to Sobo on their own. They now like it as much as we do. If you have not been here . . . what are you waiting for? Try the Bavette steak or the Chicken Pot Pie. The Chicken Pot Pie is available all year but it just seems to be a bit more delicious when the weather is cold.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We went to Sobo based on reviews I had read on various sites - it was better than I could have imagined. My husband, son (15) and I all enjoyed every single bite we had while dining at Sobo. We started with the House Salad and chicken liver mousse. The salad was fantastic, looking at it, it looks like lettuce with some pear, but the dressing is so tasty and had a bit of a kick, there wasn't a bite left. The mousse was very creamy and flavorful, with such a great start we were very excited for the rest of our meal, and it did not disappoint. My son had the mussels appetizer for his dinner - there were close to 40 mussels so we made him share them. The sauce was fantastic, when we ran out of bread to dip in it, we were eating it with a spoon. I had the Salmon, which I typically never order out. The salmon was cooked perfectly. The tomatillo quinoa was wonderful and the pico de gallo was so fresh. They do not miss a chance to enhance the flavor of every item on the plate - with great results. My husband had the Chicken Pot Pie - he said it was the best he's ever had. The sauce was very flavorful without being too heavy or overbearing. For dessert my husband and son split the Sundae (with homemade marshmallow fluff) and I had the lemon squares - just the perfect amount of lemon without being overpowering. We were told everything is made in house and you could tell. I HIGHLY recommend Sobo to anyone visiting Baltimore.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

We arrived as they opened at 10:30 am on a Saturday to assure that we could get a outside table. Our daughter, who lives locally, advised us that everything was tasty. Guinness, our 125 pound Saint Bernard tucked nicely under the high top table. We had the big breakfast, three egg breakfast and SoBo biscuit Benedict. We were all delighted with our choices. Guinness liked the bacon being fed to him under the table. In addition to delicious food, the staff was extremely friendly. Our server was very attentive but others also asked how we were doing as they walked by. It was a cheery group. We plan to go back, without the dog.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The food was good, not particularly interesting or great but certainly good; however I only had one meal so it would be hard to say some of the other dishes don't have potential to be great. The atmosphere is comfortable and easy; the entire space filled quickly after I was seated and you could see the lot were repeat customers. My server was knowledgeable of the wine and menu and quick to give recommendations which I appreciate. Also all restaurants staff was attentive and spirited. I would certainly return.