“We stopped by and we will miss this place now that it is closed”
Review of Piedigrotta Bakery

Piedigrotta Bakery
Ranked #2 of 48 Bakeries in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We came, we saw, and we ate cannolis. Piedigrotta's is on the books as the only true Italian bakery in the Baltimore area. While Vaccaroo Kangaroo catered to the loud college fraternities with their day-old Tasty Cake items, and 7-11 had their donuts from Safeway, only Piedigrotta's had real Tiramiso and cannolis. We actually saw the other pastry shops have the Tasty Cake trucks pull up early in the morning to drop off boxes of day-old pastries, but Piedigrotta's actually baked their pastries overnight in their own ovens. Carmintonio was the established creator of Italy's best selling pastry, the tiramisu. But now we only have McDonald's, Vaccarro Kangaroo, and 7-11 for our stale croissants and rubber donuts.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We went here for dessert to celebrate my sisters birthday. It was the middle of the day on a Saturday. The gelato was very good but I was disappointed to see that they did not have the greatest selection of Italian desserts. They did have cannoli which I thought was OK and Italian cookies. I've had better. Disappointed. I wouldn't go out of my way to find this place.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here to pick up some Italian pastries for the car ride back to New Jersey. There isn't a huge selection but what they offer is handmade. The rainbow cake and cookies were good. I really enjoyed the filled to order cannoli. The cannoli shells are thin and crispy and the cannoli cream not overly sweet.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We went in and waited around the counter for about three minutes before the lady came top acknowledge us. She told us to wait and went away again. Maybe she was in the middle of baking something. It was two on the afternoon. She came back and just want friendly. The gelato was good. She let our son try two to see which one he wanted. My friend said it was the best eclair she has had her entire life. I had the Apple dessert. It was dry and gross. She added chocolate syrup without asking if I wanted it. The desserts were big enough to spilt. I would probably go back to try an eclair or a canolli but that's it.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

What a pleasant surprise! Located in Baltimore's Little Italy, Piedigrotta serves up a wide assortment of scrumptious dishes. You might expect superb bakery products and you won't be disappointed but your tastebuds will also thank you if you enjoy a hearty meal. Choose from carbonera, meatpie, meatballs, pasta, a mouthwatering veggie lasagna and much much more. This restaurant is the home of the original Tiramisu and it's still a popular item on the menu. The Piedigrotta Bakery should be a "must visit" on your next trip to Baltimore..