All reviews johns hopkins lucy boston homeless people shuttle service choice hotels parking fee minute walk the breakfast area waffle maker within walking distance the general manager free shuttle front desk staff free breakfast yogurt clean hotel room was large
Reviewed 15 October 2014

Searching for good accomodation in Baltimore around Inner harbor was difficult. Quite expensive too.
But the sleep inn & suites was great value for money.

The rooms are spacious and modern. Good bathroom.
Staff was very friendly and helpfull.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning is good. Lots of choice and fresh waffles.
The location is good. Only 5 minute walk to the harbor. yes around the corner is a church with a small park with homeless people, but i never felt unsafe during the day or at night.

Wifi was good and very stable.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vinceG768
Reviewed 13 October 2014

October 11th 2014

Came down for a Bachelorette party and chose the sleep inn for our group to stay at for the night as I have stayed at this hotel before and always had good experiences. The young lady at the front desk was wonderful. Check in was a breeze but she went the extra mile by asking what brought us to Baltimore this weekend and once we told her it was a bachelorette party, she made sure to congratulate the bride and make some suggestions for dinner. It just makes the hotel stay feel so much more personal and customer oriented when an employee takes the time to make you feel welcome and help make your stay even better.

The room was HUGE! we all were happy with the size as it gave us plenty of space to get ready for the big night without stepping over each others toes or tripping over hair dryers. We were able to just take our time and get ready. Everything looked and smelled clean. Two of the girls who shared a bed said they had a dip in their mattress that caused some discomfort but since it was just one night it was not a huge deal. The bathroom was decent sized and there was enough hot water for all of us. Wifi worked fine. For breakfast I see they now added some scrambled eggs to the small continental breakfast options. I did not try them as I just wanted a waffle but it was nice to see they have expanded the options since my last visit.

Overall I found this to be another pleasant experience. I will return here again and I would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachael713
Reviewed 7 October 2014

This will be our third time to Baltimore for Drs. Appts. at John Hopkins. Our second trip we stayed at a different hotel, more expensive with an indoor pool & it wasn't nearly as nice as the Sleep Inn. This hotel is a clean, new looking well maintained hotel, with large rooms, great breakfast, parking at decent rate compared to the other hotels in the area and friendly staff. The shuttle to John Hopkins is a plus.
During our first stay we got to our room & it was already occupied ( no one was in it at the time Thank God). This was quickly mended and they gave us an upgraded room for their mistake.
I'm looking forward to my next stay with them soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank giaP3
Reviewed 6 October 2014

I have stayed here twice and would not stay anywhere else as I will be coming back every 2 months. It is close to Johns Hopkins and the hotel provides complimentary shuttle to the hospital and back again. This is a GREAT amenity.Baltimore has free city buses and one stops just outside the hotel. A subway stop is about a block away.The inner harbor is about a 15 minute walk. You can easily navigate the city using public transportation. The staff is very friendly and helpful and provides great info and maps for getting around. The rooms are large , very clean and tastefully decorated.. Special are the mattresses ,pillows and linen which provide for a wonderful sleep. The complimentary breakfast has many choices and is good. Coffee,tea and ice water are available 24 hours. Room micowaves and refrigerators are available. This is a very popular small hotel and sells out early. Definitely reserve in advance.

Room Tip: I have had good rooms on both my stays and they were on different floors.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank travelqueen_fl
Reviewed 4 October 2014

Very conveniently located, Inner Harbor in about 12 minutes walking distance. Very nice ambience, an old converted warehouse, we had a very large XXL room, cheap parking next to the hotel ($15,00 per day). A very friendly front desk staff. A very pleasant and helpful Lady named "Lana " - she has provided us with a lot of tips. Perfect! We would always book this hotel again.

Stayed: September 2014