Admiral Fell Inn
US$195
US$101
US$76
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$243
US$203
Hotels.com
1,364 results
All reviewsghost tourfells pointwater taximario corradothames streetbars and restaurantscobblestone streetshistoric hotelnight lifethe general managervalet parkingshuttle servicefree shuttlejohns hopkinsthe location is perfectfront desk staffbaltimore area
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I almost decided not to write this review. I didn't want to say anything negative about a hotel that has been lucky enough to hire such nice people. Yes, the service at this hotel is EXCELLENT.

And while I'm being positive, let me add that the Fells Point neighborhood where this historic building is located is well worth exploring. Good restaurants. Fun shops.

I wish I could be more positive about our room. I will say it was clean. It was quiet (I asked for a room in the back). And the bed I slept in (there were two double beds) was comfortable. Some people might say that the tiny bathroom was renovated. It had a new pedestal sink (no place to put anything), new white tile on the floor, but the bathtub was so old that the ceramic finish was worn down to the metal in places, and the stopper didn't work. The carpeting in the bedroom was also old. And brown. The furnishings were forgettable except for the canopy beds. The lighting was dim, and the heat was uncontrollable. We woke up in the middle of the night sweating.

A lot of this stuff comes with old houses. I've been told that the hotel is under new management. Maybe they are just starting to renovate the rooms. Our room may not have been representative. I doubt I'll go back, but if I do, I'll get that very nice desk clerk who answers the phones to describe the room I'll be staying in, in detail.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
HarborMagicHotels, Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Dear panda4303,

Thank you very much for choosing the Admiral Fell inn for your recent stay in Baltimore, we truly appreciate your business.

I am Happy to read you had a great experience while staying with us and that our staff was able to make you feel welcome and at home. However I am also very sorry you felt that our accommodations were not up to your standards.

As a historic hotel part of our charm is our vintage feel, the antique furniture and the old school decor, but I do understand that this might not be everyone's cup of tea. We are in the process of shampooing all the carpets in the building as well as performing preventive maintenance in all our guest rooms which I am positive will enhance the look of our property.

We hope you will choose to visit us again in the future, us at Harbor Magic take our guest's feedback very seriously and appreciate the time you took to write this review and letting us know about your experience.

Thank you again for your visit and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Hotel management and staff.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We booked a 2-day special package through Groupon, which turned out to be great! The hotel staff were super-efficient, from the Valet Parking to the Front Desk Clerk who explained everything and provided us with lots of friendly advice on where to go, what to see, etc.
The Tapas restaurant attached to the Hotel was great for lunch, but there are literally dozens of great bars and restaurants nearby, along with some boutique shopping.
The room, while small, was comfortable and a neat touch is that every room has a name and a story behind it (some say it's even a haunted hotel!) We stayed in the "Fell" room , named after the good Admiral himself. This was a pleasure trip but we will stay there on business in the fall, based on our first visit. In fact, our room is already booked.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street may be a bit quieter.
1  Thank JoeB379
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Fells Point can be kind of rowdy and very party like. Once you walk into the Admiral Fell Inn, you leave it all behind you. The staff is very efficient and are very willing to share their knowledge of the area and the Inn. The twisting hallways were a great fun surprise, and the king size bed was just wonderful. The room was kind of small, but you're in Fells Point, you're not going to spend copious amounts of time in your room.

If you're on the street side, you'll get some street noise, but it's not really a big deal. You can walk to everything you need, so park the car for the weekend and do a little research. I can't say enough positive things about this place! We booked another stay as we checked out!

1  Thank Amesk
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The Admiral Fell is a wonderful place to base yourself. The rooms are cozy-the service was excellent and it's really nice to just walk out the front door and have all of Fells Point at your feet! All the restaurants, bars and shops that make Fells Point such a fun destination are right there. I will say that my only complaint is that the Inn does not have parking that is reasonably priced. They offer Valet parking for around $40/night. Your other option for parking is a local garage for $15/night but they don't open until 9:00 a.m. the next morning, which makes leaving earlier than 9:00 impossible.

1  Thank kayakdiva
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have always been wary of group deals when it comes to travel. However, if they are all like my stay at the Admiral Fell Inn, I need to take advantage of them more often! Check in was quick and easy, and they were incredibly accommodating with our need to get into our room early because our flight arrived in the afternoon.

I first realized I was in for a unique experience when I received an email from one of their representatives one week before my check-in date. He outlined all of the services available, including tickets to local attractions. We decided to take advantage of the Aquarium VIP tickets and it was well worth it. Also, the representative answered my questions promptly and completely.

The room was amazing, very spacious and well furnished and we were fortunate enough to have a balcony! Admittedly it was a shared balcony, and we stayed in February, but it was still a nice touch. The location cannot be beat, we were steps away from some of the best dining, live music, and small shops - there was even a taxi stand right across the street. The only disadvantage of being in the center of Fells Point is the street noise, but that's to be expected in a city and the windows are thick enough to drown out all but the noisiest revelers.

My only hesitation with this hotel was the 'destination fee'. However, all you need to do is take advantage of the free shuttle once a day and it pays for itself. The driver was amazing, even turning around once to come back and get us when we had just missed him. We actually never had the occasion to take a taxi, since the shuttle got us within walking distance of the places were were interested to visit.

You can't find a better place to stay in Baltimore for location, charm, and luxury - highly recommended.

~Brian J

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian J
HarborMagicHotels, Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Brian J,

We are so pleased to know that your stay with us was exceptional. We pride ourselves on offering our guests the best deals and amenities available while creating memorable moments that last a lifetime.

With our "Destination Fee", we package amenities that we've found that all of our guests want and need. For example, our competitors charge guests at least $9.99 for internet access. We prefer to combine internet access, our shuttle service, and premium gym membership (amongst other amenities) for $9.95, providing the most comprehensive destination package available for our guests.

We cannot wait for your return visit to the Admiral Fell Inn! When you are ready to book with us, please give us a call so we can welcome you all over again.

Connecting you to the Best of Baltimore!

Kristina Munoz