New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
New Jersey
“Birthday Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We wish we could have stayed longer. The service was excellent and the staff was well informed and very courteous! The room was excellent, just the right size. It was a home away from home for the night. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and would recommend it to everyone. We definitely plan to return and hopefully, make it a longer stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I almost decided not to write this review. I didn't want to say anything negative about a hotel that has been lucky enough to hire such nice people. Yes, the service at this hotel is EXCELLENT.

And while I'm being positive, let me add that the Fells Point neighborhood where this historic building is located is well worth exploring. Good restaurants. Fun shops.

I wish I could be more positive about our room. I will say it was clean. It was quiet (I asked for a room in the back). And the bed I slept in (there were two double beds) was comfortable. Some people might say that the tiny bathroom was renovated. It had a new pedestal sink (no place to put anything), new white tile on the floor, but the bathtub was so old that the ceramic finish was worn down to the metal in places, and the stopper didn't work. The carpeting in the bedroom was also old. And brown. The furnishings were forgettable except for the canopy beds. The lighting was dim, and the heat was uncontrollable. We woke up in the middle of the night sweating.

A lot of this stuff comes with old houses. I've been told that the hotel is under new management. Maybe they are just starting to renovate the rooms. Our room may not have been representative. I doubt I'll go back, but if I do, I'll get that very nice desk clerk who answers the phones to describe the room I'll be staying in, in detail.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HarborMagicHotels, Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear panda4303,

Thank you very much for choosing the Admiral Fell inn for your recent stay in Baltimore, we truly appreciate your business.

I am Happy to read you had a great experience while staying with us and that our staff was able to make you feel welcome and at home. However I am also very sorry you felt that our accommodations were not up to your standards.

As a historic hotel part of our charm is our vintage feel, the antique furniture and the old school decor, but I do understand that this might not be everyone's cup of tea. We are in the process of shampooing all the carpets in the building as well as performing preventive maintenance in all our guest rooms which I am positive will enhance the look of our property.

We hope you will choose to visit us again in the future, us at Harbor Magic take our guest's feedback very seriously and appreciate the time you took to write this review and letting us know about your experience.

Thank you again for your visit and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Hotel management and staff.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We booked a 2-day special package through Groupon, which turned out to be great! The hotel staff were super-efficient, from the Valet Parking to the Front Desk Clerk who explained everything and provided us with lots of friendly advice on where to go, what to see, etc.
The Tapas restaurant attached to the Hotel was great for lunch, but there are literally dozens of great bars and restaurants nearby, along with some boutique shopping.
The room, while small, was comfortable and a neat touch is that every room has a name and a story behind it (some say it's even a haunted hotel!) We stayed in the "Fell" room , named after the good Admiral himself. This was a pleasure trip but we will stay there on business in the fall, based on our first visit. In fact, our room is already booked.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street may be a bit quieter.
1 Thank JoeB379
Carlisle, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Fells Point can be kind of rowdy and very party like. Once you walk into the Admiral Fell Inn, you leave it all behind you. The staff is very efficient and are very willing to share their knowledge of the area and the Inn. The twisting hallways were a great fun surprise, and the king size bed was just wonderful. The room was kind of small, but you're in Fells Point, you're not going to spend copious amounts of time in your room.

If you're on the street side, you'll get some street noise, but it's not really a big deal. You can walk to everything you need, so park the car for the weekend and do a little research. I can't say enough positive things about this place! We booked another stay as we checked out!

1 Thank Amesk
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

The Admiral Fell is a wonderful place to base yourself. The rooms are cozy-the service was excellent and it's really nice to just walk out the front door and have all of Fells Point at your feet! All the restaurants, bars and shops that make Fells Point such a fun destination are right there. I will say that my only complaint is that the Inn does not have parking that is reasonably priced. They offer Valet parking for around $40/night. Your other option for parking is a local garage for $15/night but they don't open until 9:00 a.m. the next morning, which makes leaving earlier than 9:00 impossible.

1 Thank kayakdiva