“Great diner”

Broadway Diner
Ranked #77 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Went there with my wife and two children. All the food was great.

Leesburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Diner - worth a trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

This diner is everything you'd want it to be. Busy, large menu, large portions and delicious food. The waitresses are quick, attentive and friendly. The kids menu has lots of choices, my 3rd grade son had the spagetti and it was enough for 3 meals for him, a big eater. My daughter ordered the chicken quesadilla off the main menu which says it comes with some kind of spice that we asked to leave off. She only ate 1 of the 4 large wedges, which were 1 inch thick with chicken. I had the big winner of the day, the 'Greek Sampler' which has pastitchio, mousaka, and spinach pie and Greek salad. Enough food for 2 starving people or 4 regular people. All were fabulous. My husband had a cuban sandwich, again large portion and delicious. We'll be back in Baltimore next month and for sure we'll make our way to Broadway for a fabulous comfort food meal.

• Visited March 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
“Unbelievably Spectacular Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I visited the Broadway Diner on recommendation from a popular television food program. Based upon the featured dishes, I ordered a regular menu item: Jumbo Shrimp Creole ($20.95). It was quite possibly the best plate of food I have ever had in front of me! The four monsterous shrimp were tender and the spicy robust flavors of cayenne, green pepper and onion over rice were incredible! If you have any intention of ordering anything but a drink with this, split it with someone. It's BIG. The $20.95 was very reasonable, and included soup (Maryland Crab...one of the choices...good) or a salad. Service was efficient and very friendly, including the hostess and one of the owners. Each meal is prepared to order, but is served in a reasonable time frame. Alcoholic beverages here and open 24 hours a day. Despite those hours and a full house at 3 pm, it was very clean. No way you'll be disappointed here.....or leave hungry.

• Visited March 2012
Kansas
“Everything a diner should be and much more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is a great place. Diners of our past were often not as good as we remember. The rose colored glasses of nostalgia make them look good, but I doubt I'd really enjoy that food any more. The Broadway Diner was fabulous. All of the friendly service, great atmosphere we long for and also wonderful, hearty food - huge servings. I ordered the hash browns with my Cuban Sandwich. They were very good, but next time I'll get the recommended french fries. They were fabulous! I stole quite a few from a tablemate's plate! What a find!

Visited January 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Get There Early...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

...this place can become packed in a minute. We arrived at 11am and ate lunch, by time we left around noon, there was no parking and people were circling the lot looking for spots. The diner's environment is clean and spacious with a lot of booth seating. The diner sits high off the street so you kind of look over Eastern Ave. The scenic view is not bad either. Our server was so kind, caring and helpful. We looked around to see what others were eating and a lot of people were eating chipped beef. We both ordered the Rueben and they were huge. They were also delicious. My husband had the beef and barley soup. I had the chicken and rice soup - loved it. For desert, my husband had the lemon cake it was in a circular shape. I'm not big on anything lemon or beef barley soup so I don't know how it was but he enjoyed them both. I had the chocolate and caramel cake - OMG - get a slice :)

Overall, price was good! Your tip is included in your ticket if over $20 so I liked that I did not have to calculate, just pay and go. Also, this diner is not only the best because of their food and cozy booth seating but because they have a FULL BAR! Yes, a bar so if you want a Margarita, you got it - can't beat it!

P/s they are open 24hrs!