1,520 results
All reviews crabby hour chocolate fountain ruth's chris crab dip front desk inner harbor national aquarium boutique hotel fells point within walking distance third floor the location is perfect breakfast was delicious water taxi valet parking harbor view room the entire staff
Reviewed 19 April 2015

Great hotel. Beautiful grounds and location. Best part is attentiveness, professionalism and courtesy off Hotel staff. I had a little problem on one occasion during our stay. When brought the attention off staff it was handled beautifully by Shelana at the front desk and assistant manager Shane O'Brien. I am sorry I don't have her name but a woman who I believe works in the laundry overheard my conversation and she showed concern and courtesy. I saw her later during my stay and she asked if my concerns were taken care of and asked if I needed anything else. Don't find that kind of overall staff service at most hotels.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Brett_Henry_PierV, General Manager at Pier 5 Hotel Baltimore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2015

Dear Joseph N,

Thank you for choosing the Pier 5 for your stay in Baltimore!

I appreciate your recognition of Shane and Shelana! Shelana is one of our newest associates, so it's great to see that she is making a difference. I will also share your feedback with Andrea, the lady to whom you were referring.

We can't wait for your return!

Reviewed 16 April 2015

My recent stay at the Pier 5 Hotel was was excellent. The room and the public areas of the hotel were nicely appointed, clean and very welcoming. The location is very convenient to the major downtown attractions in Baltimore.
After checking out, and later completing the Hotel's survey, I noted my confusion about a charge that appeared on the bill. Within a few hours of submitting the survey, I was contacted by the Hotel Manager, who explained the charge and immediately adjusted my bill. To suggest that the staff doesn't care about the guest experience would be a gross understatement. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for accommodations near the Inner Harbor, in Baltimore

Room Tip: Hotel offers Harbor View Rooms. Much nicer than city view
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Dear Robert M,

We appreciate your business and your splendid review!

Thank you for taking special notice of the cleanliness of the property, as the housekeeping team works hard each day to provide a comfortable atmosphere. We are extremely fortunate to be situated in the best spot in the Inner Harbor.

Being a boutique hotel, guest service is something that we do not take for granted. We have the opportunity to provide this in ways that the big box hotels cannot. With only 66 rooms, the expectation is that we provide personalized service to each guest.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2015

My employer booked this hotel for me while I was in town for training. What a nice surprise. The location can't be beat...next to the aquarium, Little Italy, numerous shops and restaurants. Every staff member I encountered was beyond pleasant and helpful....they truly seem to enjoy their jobs. My colleague needed a mini fridge to house her medication. One wasn't immediately available, but they kept her meds safe for and put one in her room asap...free of charge (a larger chain charged $50 for the same option). The rooms were large and modern. Bed and pillows were comfy. I could hear some noise from the Atrium. But not enough to be disruptive. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding, as was the Whiskey Wednesday and Crabby Hour on Thurs. Throw in free wi-fi and I'm sure to be a repeat customer if I'm ever in the area again.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Dear k2j2neis,

We're glad that your employer thought highly enough of us to handle your accommodations, and we're thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and our offerings.

Thank you for recognizing our staff service, as we are always aiming high in that regard. We just began the Whiskey Wednesday's, and the positive feedback that we've received thus far confirms that it was a great idea! I also appreciate the compliments pertaining to the breakfast and Crabby Hour.

We look forward to your return when your travels bring you to Baltimore in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2015

Woke up this morning to take a shower and the hot water was not working. Therefore I had a cold shower with no hot water.Very Frustrating. Reported problem to front desk at 7am. However when I came back at 8.pm water was still cold.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Dear MaroonBulldog,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Baltimore! We always appreciate the feedback as we seek ways to improve upon our service.

I can certainly understand how frustrating the matter with the shower must have been, as I know that there are few things more important than that. I apologize for the shortcoming in that area, and although it does nothing to change what occurred, the issue with the shower control has been rectified.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you that we are capable of exceeding expectations.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

Had a great time service was excellent, we had reserved a room for Friday night but it was snowing all day and we were concerned about driving so I called and asked to change from Friday to Saturday and they were able to work with me. The view and balcony made the room well worth it. We even had free entertainment because there was a wedding reception going on and the DJ played great music, it was over by 8pm so it was not going too late, we were a little disappointed when it ended. The breakfast offered was very good and the evening offerings were great too. The location is great too right in the heart of the inner harbor making everything within walking distance. Overall I can't say there was anything wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: pick rooms with harbor view and balcony
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear debbies5552015,

Thank you for your great review! We're glad that you were able to make it to the hotel despite the crazy weather that we faced this past winter.

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed the balcony and the view. I can also certainly appreciate your humor regarding the DJ, and I'm sorry that your entertainment only lasted until 8 PM.

I hope to see you soon! Take care.