“Crab is the Star”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to LP Steamers tonight. I don’t like crab but my wife loves it. LPS didn’t disappoint my wife loved the crabs, fresh, sweet and delicious. I had a pound of steamed shrimp of which I didn’t finish. Wife also ordered the trio of mussels, shrimp,and lobster tail. Needless to say we had leftovers for takeout. Only took about 20 minutes to get a seat not bad for a Friday night. Andy our waiter was professional, courteous and nice. Our sides was macaroni salad, and the old bay fries. Sides weren’t bad but as I said early on star of LPS is the crabs. Definitely worth your time and energy to swing by and assess LPS for yourself.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Been to many Maryland Crab shacks/restaurants, and LP Steamer is the best tasting crabs so far. The largest size was medium but the meat was fresh, sweet, and old bay seasoning was not overwhelming or too salty. The raw oysters and clams were fresh and delicious. The steamed mussels was delicate and full of flavor. Great steamer dining experience.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Love this spot, we sat on the rooftop there are like 4 tables there. Got some crabs, clams as well. Everything is delicious. Free parking outside.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018

We enjoyed a very hot afternoon on their outdoor, top-floor dining deck last week. The inside felt cramped and a little dirty/smelly, so despite the heat we went for fresh air. I have to give all props to our server who also had to endure the heat to take care of us, and he did an excellent job!

My husband and I shared a fried seafood platter which was really yummy (shrimp, oysters, scallops, fish fillet and crabcake), as well as 6 large crabs. Our server gave us a quick lesson on how to eat the crabs, and we dug right in! They were quite tasty, but also a real mess. (At the end, I joked with the server that they needed a hazmat style shower somewhere for us.) We really enjoyed our meal, and the tab for all that food and two Natty Bohs each was only about $75 which I think is reasonable.

My only disappointment is that the crabs weren't local. I thought that by visiting Baltimore in late August, we'd be getting fresh, locally caught shellfish. Also, of the 3 crabcakes we tried in Baltimore, it was my least favorite. That being said, it was still quite delicious - just not quite as good as the other two places. I'd be happy to go back sometime.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Wow - thanks Trip Advisor.

Prior to a recent trip to Baltimore I looked up places to eat on TripAdvisor and located the reviews for LP Steamers. Glad I did. The ambience isn't great - but it still has its charm. More importantly the food is fantastic!!

This was by far the best seafood we had in Baltimore.

The things not to miss:
Crabs
Shrimp
Steamed Oysters
Hush Puppies

We were only there for lunch, but it was fantastic.

Plan to wait anytime you get there. Be sure to bring your cell - they will text you, but there isn't room to wait inside, so you end up at the bar across the street or somewhere else in the neighborhood.

If you like good seafood go to LP Steamers, embrace the shabby chic and be glad that you aren't paying for ambience but instead for excellent seafood.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to LP Steamers? Share your experiences!