All reviews the river hi express great view cinnamon rolls a river view room gas fireplace biscuits and gravy trolley runs room was large king suite yogurt indoor pool very nice hotel free breakfast big ships front desk staff would stay here again
Reviewed 10 April 2015

I would highly recommend this hotel. We stopped for an overnight here on our way thru. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. The room view of the Astoria bridge was amazing! The bed was comfortable and the linens luxurious! The breakfast was great too! The only concern was that there was only one elevator and it was rather slow and always full. The stay was great and I would definitely come back again!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2015

I stayed at the HI Express in Astoria for three nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved Astoria and felt very comfortable and welcome at the HI. The location was great and the entire trip and stay was exceptional.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Ed O
Reviewed 29 March 2015

We were here with the family, including kids. The hotel is fairly new and is very clean. The pool is great for kids and has nice windows that overlook the river. The rooms have great views of the bridge and river. The distance to downtown is about 8 blocks which makes it very walkable. The boardwalk to town is right outside the back door and follows the river. The was a free breakfast which was as good as could be expected. Staff were all friendly. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank hrdp
Reviewed 23 March 2015

Thank you, TripAdvisor.

I wanted to plan a weekend getaway for my husband's birthday and decided to go with Astoria. When picking a hotel, I wanted a place that was pet-friendly (so that we could bring our dog) and hopefully a bit romantic. The reviews on TripAdvisor led me to the Holiday Inn Express, and we couldn't have been happier with our stay.

The room itself was large, clean, and updated. We had recently stayed at another location in this hotel chain, and this location in Astoria was considerably nicer. We spent a few extra dollars to get a room with a view of the river and the bridge, and our 3-year-old loved watching the ships come and go. The view of the bridge from this side of the hotel is gorgeous, too.

The hot breakfast was good, and the hotel staff couldn't have been nicer. I really felt like we got a lot of bang for our buck with our hotel and room choice, and I'd love to come back here again.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra dollars and get a room with an in-room hot tub and view of the river/bridge. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2015

We stayed here as a first stop on a road trip and were very pleased with the view of the Columbia River, ships and bridge. The room was large, very clean and had a gas fireplace. The staff at the front desk were so friendly and helped us to choose a great nearby restaurant for dinner. We walked the pathway in front to the hotel and followed the sound of barking. A short distance away were probably over 100 sea lions under the docks. They were no more than 20 feet away. It was quite a sight (and sound)!! Fortunately the hotel is far enough away that the noise doesn't penetrate inside the building. There were plenty of item to choose from at breakfast including scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, as well as fruit, cereal, bagels, toast and pastries. I would stay at the hotel again if were were in the area.

Room Tip: A room with a fireplace is very cozy to sit and watch the ships go by on a misty day.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple