All reviews rooftop deck wine bar heated floors fire pit aveda products downtown astoria sunday market supper club continental breakfast historical hotel watch the sunset ceiling fan easy walking distance historic charm rooms are small junior suite yogurt
Reviewed 14 December 2015

Our first stay at the Elliott . From check in to departure, not a thing could have been any better. An old hotel renovated to current needs and yesteryears class. All employees were friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful, the bed very comfortable, the bathroom was like new with very nice amenities. Closet, fireplace (gas), bookshelves w/ nice assortment of books, refrigerator, coffee (very good!), ... we loved the room. The outside viewing balcony had a fire pit and views of the bridge, the Columbia, the Column, and downtown. The "Continental " breakfast certainly had more, and better, offerings than most. It was set up just off the gorgeous lobby, an extended area with lovely tables well arranged - coffee, water, juice, etc. we're handy at the bar and the food area had well prepared scrambled eggs, biscuits & sausage gravy, yogurt, cereal choices, many items for toasting, mini muffins, & more. The area was kept stocked & maintained throughout breakfast. Well located, clean, beautiful ... This is where we will be staying in Astoria!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor facing west loved the city & river views & had no issues.
1  Thank Juniperberry72
Reviewed 11 December 2015

I was really looking forward to staying here when I spent a recent weekend in Astoria.

The beds are very good, the wireless internet is fast and free, and the TV is good and has a nice range of channels. Unfortunately, my room wasn't clean. There was pubic hair on the toilet seat and body hair in the shower. Also, walls and furniture were scratched. There was also a lot of dusk. When I notified the front desk, I was moved without hesitation by the front desk clerk to a new room, which was clean but was considerably smaller -- it didn't even have a closet -- than what I booked and had been previously assigned. No apology was offered nor was any goodwill gesture made by the hotel.

Parking is free, but can be somewhat limited depending on how many people are also using the public parking lot. Some of the spaces have time restrictions, according to posted signage. The continental breakfast is complimentary. The coffee is better than the offerings, which I found somewhat average to be honest.

My check-in and check-out experiences were quick and without hassle, although the front desk clerk never offered to help either time with my luggage. Not that she could have, however, as it looked like she was working alone. There should be someone to help.

If I visited Astoria again, I would stay either down at Cannon Beach or at another hotel in Astoria.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

It's almost like stepping back in time, into the era of classic hotels. The lobby and bar area are wonderfully appointed with a classic feel, and the rooms are modern, but also retain the sense of an older era.

As many have noted, the heated bathroom floor is a sweet touch. Our room was clean, comfortable, with a "wonderful bed" (it really was comfortable) and a gas fireplace. Here's a tiny little complaint: the fan on the fireplace was kind of noisy, though not obnoxious. The rooms are not large, in classic hotel tradition, but not cramped either.

Breakfast the next morning provided a range of choices from fresh fruit to sausage and biscuits, cereal to cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs to cereals and juices.

The location would be tough to improve on. It's in the center of downtown, and 3 minutes from the Fort George Brewery.

Not only would we stay there again, we will.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

From the wonderful service at the front desk, to the beautifully appointed room, I was delighted with The Hotel Elliot! Great location right downtown so easy access to many good restaurants and shops. The heated tile floor is the bath was heavenly, the beds very comfortable! Gas fireplace for additional ambiance. I was surprised to find our double queen room had a separate bedroom for one of the beds!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2015

We have family in the Astoria area and have stayed at the Hotel Elliott quite a few times since it opened. Although the service is amateurish, the rooms somewhat small and the breakfast merely adequate, the beautifully remodeled historic building and the downtown location always seemed to compensate for the hotel's shortcomings. However, a recent experience highlighted the inexperience of the front desk staff (and general manager). Without going into the details, both managers were unable or unwilling to help with a miscommunication about my online reservation. Repeating "its in the system, there's nothing I can do about it" is not customer service! The lack of professional staff finally tipped the scales for us - we will no longer stay at the Elliott. The Cannery Pier and The Commodore both offer much better options!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family