All reviews clam chowder room was clean modern theme donuts and coffee fun retro reception room local things complimentary chips overflow parking mid century cable box hear noise wifi worked great buoy beer company free beer front desk lady paint job
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I have stayed at this pet and people friendly Motel numerous times but my last visit after the renovations was beyond expectations. The lobby has been transformed into a mid century modern gem close to the heart of town! There was micro beer and small snacks and the managers are always so nice to visit with. This Motel is affordable and the rooms are very clean. I'm looking forward to summer when I come back so I can utilize the bike cruisers to ride into town.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We work in Astoria often and stay overnight sometimes. This time we decided to try the Atomic Motel. I'm glad we did! It was full up the night we stayed while other motels in the same vicinity were seemingly empty and for good reasons. First, the people in charge are exceptionally friendly. They have coffee cake in the snack area both in the evening and at breakfast and a nice pot of chili for diner as well. Other items are offered for breakfast as well. the rooms are super clean, cozy and nicely decorated in the "atomic" theme. It's close to restaurants and the rates very competitive. I would definitely repeat!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan W
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We like retro stuff. The Atomic Motel seemed right up our alley. If you’re looking for top of the line luxury accommodations, don’t stay here. If, however, you like a smidgeon of kitschy, great location, and easy-on-the-pocketbook, stay here! It’s clean and comfortable. It’s simple and provides the basic necessities. No coffee maker in the room (get over it!) but they do offer it in their lobby. We got great referrals for breakfast (Labor Temple) and dinner (Silver Salmon), which are much appreciated when visiting a new place. In short, we’d definitely stay here again. Give it a try.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

My husband, 82 year old mother-in-law and myself were escorted out by police due to owner stating we were loud (normal volume talking) & removing clothes & walking naked outside. This was in fact the drug addicted tweeker in the room next to us, who attempted to get in to our room at least 10x during the night (We witnessed her being physically removed at the pig n pancake the following day)
Unacceptable behavior from an owner, who had some convoluted story in his head & could not be reasoned with.
The motel is surrounded by tweekers who will approach anyone outside.
Paper thin walls. Door had been crowbar opened at some point, which left a draft & unsecured without being inside with hinge lock.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Departure711884
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We booked this room the day of when we felt the urge to go to the coast for the night. It was a really reasonable rate and they allowed dogs so we went ahead and booked it. There was nothing typical "motel-like" about it. In a good way!

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very nice woman. Check-in was super fast and the lobby was so quirky and cool with an ode to the Jetsons and lots of 1950s/60s nostalgia from the furniture to the artwork, etc. They had complimentary tea and some soup out for guests. Our room was impeccably clean and had a funky retro theme to it. The beds were nice and cozy and everything seemed recently updated with special attention to detail and maintaining the general vibe of the place. I loved the whole motif throughout the entire place.

We slept well and noise was not an issue. There was cable TV and a nice mini fridge where we stored our leftovers from Buoy Beer. Shower head was very short but I've come to find that the norm so it was no big deal. They had yummy pastries and coffees upon checkout. Would absolutely stay here again - probably in the summer so we can use their cool bikes to ride around!

Room Tip: Dogs are 15 extra a night.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends