“Boring and spendy pastries with a side of rude”

Columbia River Coffee Roasters
Ranked #4 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Astoria
Cuisines: American
Description: Three Cups Coffee House, in the front section of Columbia River Coffee Roaster. Small batch coffee, roasted to order since 1992. CRCRoaster wholesales coffee up and down the coast, with its best account being the one in its own building! Espresso, coffee, tea, blendeds, smoothies, fresh baked goods and lite lunch fare (salad, grilled panini, quiche) and wifi in comfortable, open space with lots of gorgeous windows offering a view of the river.
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We've visited this location on numerous occasions over the last few years. In the beginning the pastries were great; they had a wonderful variety including what were my favorite: peach pecan muffins and orange zest chocolate chip pecan cookies, they were amazing! I once visited and didn't find either of my favorites and a really nice young lady by the name of Carly gave me her card and told me that I was welcome to email her and let her know when I'd be in and let her know what I wanted... I thought that was incredible and although I never emailed her, the offer alone was amazing.... But that was then!... Since, the choices are lame at best, really expensive and they don't even compare to the value, freshness and deliciousness of a grocery store bakery! However, what has really gone down the tubes is the service and the friendliness. They used to greet you with a welcoming smile, now they make you feel like you're intruding when you walk up to the counter... There are several girls working the counter and not a single one of them make you feel welcomed. We finally had it last week and just walked out, never to return again....we deserve better! There are many other coffee houses that welcome travelers and locals alike and treat them with the same importance. As for choices, visit Safeway or FM; a plethora of fresh options for less than half the cost!

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Columbia River Coffee Roaster is the same building as Three Cups, but they're separate businesses. Three cups is the front of the house operation and this is the back end wholesalers. Both are great and it's the same people. Excellent coffee.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We had breakfast of a veggie quiche (yummy), bagel with lox and the fixings, almond pastry and coffee and chai and everything was fresh and excellent with a fabulous view of the Columbia River. You could sit there for hours. Great place. Went twice!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Chill welcoming coffee house with their own roasting operation (aka 3 Cups Coffee House). Their fresh brewed "Thundermuck" coffee was excellent and compared to a few other options in Astoria is probably your top choice for freshly roasted coffee. Located on the western side of town on Marine Dr near the Astoria-Megler Bridge.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

When we stayed at the Hallmark Hotel in Newport they along with their restaurant Georgie's served Thundermuck coffee. As part of a surprise I had the hotel put together my husband received a bag of whole bean Thundermuck and a box of their truffles. Let me tell you, those truffles were amazing! There is 4 in a box and they are divine, dusted on the outside with coffee, honestly perfect. We waited until we got home to grind our coffee and try it, it was really fresh. I was very impressed, we are people who normally stick with one kind of coffee brand but are happy to have tried their coffee and do plan on purchasing from them in the future.