“Disgusted”

Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #65 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My fiance is a platium elite member spending thousands of dollars at marriotts all over the east coast and when he really needed a room he had to beg and plead to get one when they had several open because he is on a clc card. After speaking with the manager and being put on hold forever they finally found him a room. Upon getting to the hotel the front desk attendent was rather rude because the manager gave us a room when he would not give us one. We were put by the elevator so all night long we heard it and the ice machine. The A/C unit was very loud making it hard to sleep. My son woke up the next morning with bites on him so I took him to the doctor and they said it was bed bugs probably from the hotel because he has a brand new mattress with a cover on it at our house. Next time my fiance is in Jacksonville for business we will be staying at the Hyatt or Raddison.

Marriott Rewards are also useless. Being a platium member gets you a bag of chips when you check in at some hotels like wow a 25 cent bag of chips that they sell for 2 something. Some hotels have special parking spaces but never a name put on them so anyone can park in them so it doesnt matter if they have them or not. After 8 months of staying in Marriotts we have only enough point for 2 nights free or 2 rooms 1 night free.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank HeatherLynn82888

Reviewed 5 November 2011

When traveling around I like to stay in hotel that offers a complimentary breakfast.. I do this for many reasons... First off there amenities and activities are already limited compared to the cheaper competition.. Second, I wouldn't be so angry with this had it been stated it clearly on the website. It just says and I quotes " Please join us in the Restaurant from 6a.m to 9a.m. Monday through Friday and 7 a.m to 10a.m. on Saturday, and Sunday, contact the Front Desk Concerning Holiday hours." This to me is little misleading because it could at least tell you there is a fee or not, there jacked up prices on things making people pay for stuff they should have already paid for in there trip there.. Next time I book My hotel it will not be with the courtyard.. I'm officially boycotting....

"The only way to see a change is to be the change."

Room Tip: Go to another hotel..
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I am Platinum Marriott member and stayed on Business for 2 nights. Hotel was clean and staff were all very friendly. The common areas have all been updated but the room I was in still had the dated furniture. Bed comfort was so so. Could use new sheets. Did have HDTV on flat screens with good selection of channels. Plenty of room in the bathroom. Biggest complaint was the wall unit ac was very load! There is not a full restaurant but rather a cafe type were you did have a limited selection of items to order. The egg and bacon sandwich was very good! Did not get upgrade but my business parter that is also Platinum did get suite. Location was convient as it was simple to jump on I-95 and head north or south. There is also a large selection of fast food restaurants nearby. Did have high speed wifi that was free. I would recommend this property if you arent bothered by the loud AC units.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My husband and son stayed here for two nights. The lobby and general appearance of the hotel seems as if it was recently renovated. We stayed on the second floor and there was a strong gas smell in our room and through out the hotel. The employees said that checked into it and its nothing to worry about. The breakfast is not complimentary and the Bistro closes at 9:30am. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant next door, so this was convenient. The pool was clean.

The employee at the front desk could have been more engaged in dealing with customers.

Room Tip: Ask about the gas smell, so you would not get stuck in a room where it is strong
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business