“Not a hotel for business travellers”

Days Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #66 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I would definitely not recommend this hotel for business travelers. The room had a strong smell of bleach and the bathroom had not been properly cleaned. I found latex gloves stuffed into a desk drawer. A colleague of mine found a roach in his bathroom. The property owner will probably make a comment about working with his staff to do a better job in the future. But you will see many such negative comments from other people who have stayed at this property. Also, I did not have a sense of safety at this property. The room door did not work properly and there was a gap around the door frame. Although the rate is good, I would recommend that business travelers avoid this property.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 December 2017

My wife and I checked in and were given our room no and key. When I tried to enter the room the door didn’t open ..... then a man came to the door and opened it and said it was his room. We both went to the office worked it out ..... we were given another room.
The only reason I keep going to this dump is that it’s close to the airport. I really hope they upgrade it in the future. I would never recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Mike J, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry for our mistake. I'm sorry you feel we are not desirable I would love to hear how we can improve. We do thank you for your business.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Room was very clean but the fan on AC/heat unit was noisy plus I couldn't see anyway to adjust temp. It was cold outside and I wanted a warm room but the fan was not making room warm. I unplugged it from wall. Temp was okay after that. There was a gap between door frame and door to outside, though so that was letting in cool air, not to mention that it seemed odd to be able to see the outside of my room through this crack. Door opens to parking lot, not to a hallway. I was warm enough as I slept on the far side of the bed, furthest from door. It was a very comfortable bed, I might add. So a couple plusses and a couple minuses with this room. The hostess at breakfast was very friendly and helpful. The woman checking me in was on a personal call which she put aside to help me, but I miss the old days when the receptionists were more professional.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Mike J, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry for the way you were received at the desk this is no way to project professionalism and I will get it corrected.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

This hotel turned out pretty good. We stayed in Days Inn back when it was called 8 day inn ($8 a night) so familiar with them. Generally they are a 2 star but this was clean, nice staff and all around ok place to stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you in the future.