“Great Fish Tacos”
Review of Jimmy Hula's

Jimmy Hula's
Ranked #242 of 2,072 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: Jimmy Hula's is a fast casual dining establishment that focuses on an eclectic variety of tacos and burgers inspired by Jimmy Hula’s surf travels across the globe.
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

This is my go to place for fish tacos in Jacksonville. The grilled fish is always perfectly seasoned and never dry. My favorites are the Baja (milder sauce) and the Voodoo for when I want a little kick! My husband tried the chicken teriyaki taco for the first time today and it is now his favorite on the menu.

Definitely check this place out. I've yet to be disappointed by anything on the menu. (Disclaimer: We haven't tried the burgers.)

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I was attending training with two co-workers when we stopped by Jimmy Hula's for lunch.
The staff was very friendly and saw to it that we were looked after.
I had the "Burnt Reynolds" burger with a fried egg, bacon, and potato chips on top. I also had the zucchini fries. This lunch was filling and tasted great!
I can't wait to return!

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

This place was NOT love at first bite. The greeting, "welcome to Jimmy Hulas" was similar to Moe's. You can grab a menu and sit down to browse, but you must place your order at the counter. They don't offer much in the way of answering questions unless you speak teen--I'm not really sure what happened with the ability to communicate here.
Next you sit down and they do bring your order to you mentioning that if you need more sauces or anything else, just ask. Well, we did....and we got, "oh you have to pay for that at the counter." Is your salsa sooo fancy that you would charge someone to cover the taste of the stale chips?!?
After that we dive in--the tree hugger, vegetarian taco was good. The fish taco grilled was NOT, it's definitely all about the topping. The final taco was a standard beef and I can honestly say I'd rather have Taco Bell (I haven't eaten there in ten years)! I could go on to describe my husbands tacos as well but that would likely bore you to death. If you're super hungry and REALLY want tacos....I guess this works. The three stars is probably a tad generous for this place.

1  Thank mnurse07
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Not attentive. Don't go for any help. Fish tacos are all about toppings. Swai is the fish of choice for this place. Weak flavor even if you get it blackened. It seemed to me that everybody who work there except one young man and been smoking the fish but probably in the cooler. Pineapple sauce was on the table bad sweet chile flexion .the chips were also stale. Sorry just not a happy eater

1  Thank 455michaelvictor
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

It's a great place to stop in for a quick meal. Tacos are great, and priced even better! We love the option of sweet potato and zucchini fries. They staff is friendly and prompt too! It's becoming one of our favorites!