All reviews the concierge lounge full service marriott front desk outdoor pool fitness center we ordered room service have stayed here several times bit dated free weights business trip john's town center business traveler would stay here again wonderful hotel easy access convenient location the staff was great
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

The rooms were clean, nice & had comfy beds. Every staff member was pleasant & greeted us at each passing. Room service was delicious asvwell. Even with construction all around the hotel it was easy to get to. Beautiful hotel & we would definitely stay again!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We had a cheer banquet at this hotel. Definitely a lot better than last year's experience. The food was good this year and the ballroom looked great. The only issue we had was the food to us came out kinda late. I think it was around 7:30-8. We were all hungry at the table.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and welcoming, however, that is literally the only positive thing that can be said about the property.

It is very badly in need updating. The rooms are sadly old and the really not that clean. I had two rooms because the first one smelled terrible and both had misc dirt and items on the floor.

The food at the restaurant was underwhelming at best case as well.

Overall it has become a third rate property and needs an immediate overhaul.

The design itself is exactly why Marriott needed to embrace a collection of hotels like their Autograph collection since this property literally has no personality or positive unique activities.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank frogbog
JacksonvilleGM, General Manager at Jacksonville Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear frogbog,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share both the positive and negative attributes of your stay. We really try to exceed all guest expectation of service and it sounds like we made an excellent impression. It really helps motivate the staff to hear that we made a difference!

It is my pleasure to announce that the hotel is slated for a full renovation in 2018. Having seen the plan, I am certain that you will be delighted with the results. I apologize for any cleanliness issues you encountered and rest assured that I will address this with the team. Please consider giving us another chance in the future and I believe you will love what you see!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Stayed here because we have a corporate rate. If I was back in the area for work, I would not stay again. This place is indeed in need of a major rehab. Driving up, I realized that it is an old concrete fortress style popular many decades ago.

Plus:

- friendly staff
- free parking
- executive lounge
- comfortable bed

Cons:

- moldy smelling room
- mirrored doors on closet are rusting on the bottom
- wooden door to bathroom is actually rotting at the bottom
- aged layout - large room but cramped bathroom/sink area
- no USB ports to use for charging
- the restaurant (again friendly staff) looks like it's just one step up from a Denny's. No atmosphere and the bar area just sits out in the open in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
JacksonvilleGM, General Manager at Jacksonville Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Chicago Flyer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our exceptional staff. As a team, we strive to exceed all guests expectations and make a positive lasting impression through outstanding service.

I apologize for the age and condition issues you encountered. I'm happy to report that the hotel is slated for a full renovation in early 2018. The Lobby Bar, Restaurant and all guest rooms will be totally redesigned and upgraded. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future when our physical attributes match the stellar service.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Plenty of free parking.
Rooms and hallways and lobby are immaculate.
All front desk staff friendly and helpful.
Hotel right off I95
Rooms renovated but rather plain.
Safe area of town.
3. Upgrade TV to new flatscreen
4. Add auto set clocks
5. Recliner chair for comfort
6. Have a charger plug or a plug in bedside table lamp
7. Concierge level has good breakfast selection and staff is attentive and super friendly (add Chobani yogurt please)
Extend breakfast until 10:30 am!
8. Provide larger shampoo/ conditioner
Or use dispensers in showers
9. No sign of recycling. Does this Marriott recycle.
10. Provide better room upgrades for Platinum Elite

Only there overnight so no use of pool, gym, etc.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo