“Not in My Neighborhood, but I Wish it Was!”

Gubbio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #451 of 2,072 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I've been going to this one-of-a-kind, mom and pop restaurant for 20 years. I used to live right down the street from it but moved a few times. It is still my go-to place for sit-down food, but they certainly to-go orders.

They have a great little salad bar which is included with most entrees (extra with pizza) and they give out free refillable baskets of pizza dough bread.

They have GREAT weekday (M-TH) early bird specials and theme nights.

I love the pepperoni pizza and their Marsala sauce. One of the early birds is veal with peppers and pasta. They intend this to be with a marinara sauce but I hold the peppers and substitute the Marsala Sauce. My wife likes the chicken or eggplant parmigiana, which comes with a large side of spaghetti.

We both like the pizzas a little well done (see photos) so they don't flop around. Our total cost, depending on the special or not is the mid 20's to high 30's and we always have left-overs.

We usually come after work on a weekday and service is friendly and fast.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Dinner with friends and this was awesome!

I had chicken parm and hubs had the pasta dinner. Both were perfect!

My chicken parm was perfectly fried and came with a side of pasta. Hubs' dinner included sausage, a meatball, ravioli, lasagna, and manicotti. It was excellent!

Nice wine selection! Don't let the 'strip mall' vibe throw you - it's good! Service was perfect as well!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My daughter and granddaughter stopped by for a lunch buffet. We were surprised at all that was included for $6.995. There were three pasta dishes as well as large drum sticks that were really spicy. There was also a great salad bar. Drink was extra, but free refills which is normal at most restaurants. I noticed a mini-grand piano at the entrance when we walked in. I inquired with the owner about who was playing. She told me that a gentleman who most recently played at La Famillia Italian Restaurant and Athens Café had started playing there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings and was being well received by here customers. At any rate, the food and service were excellent and will definitely return at a later date.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

great food from the pizza to the alfredo, we have loved everything we have ordered from here. Just wish they delivered.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Excellent Italian restaurant . The food was great. Service was okay. Quiet place to eat. Taste like authentic Italian food

1  Thank allisonnpolanco