“Reminds Me of Home !!!”

Gubbio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #451 of 2,072 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 7 September 2016

The first time I went into Gubbio's was about 20 years ago. I had just moved down from the Tri Cities in Michigan. I asked for something a little strange and the waitress said, no problem. When I ate it, it reminded me of a place back home in Bay City Michigan. Grampa Tony's. I said so to the waitress. She said she had moved down from Bay City and the same family owns Gubbio's. No wonder it taste so good. If you want it Americanized, go to Olive Garden, there is nothing wrong with that. If you want real family style taste, go to Gubbio's.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

I had the chicken parmesan and my husband had the the combo plate. Neither was very good. The meatball on my husband's combo had a wierd taste. I think it had a lot of bread in it. He didn't even like the taste of the spaghetti noodles. I told the waitress I did not want the side of spaghetti, but she forgot and brought it anyway.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Gubbio's has been around, under different ownership, for many years. The interior is dated, but clean. If you expect a quiet romantic Italian restaurant, you will be disappointed. If you expect a pizza/sandwich place, you will be disappointed. Lower your guard & let Gubbio's be what is has been so good at for many years- an exceptional value in casual Italian cuisine.
Their sicilian style pizza crust isn't like any other that I have tried. It is really really good. The toppings are copious and fresh tasting. The salad bar is limited, but well stocked.

The food is good, the portions are very adequate, they bring (a version of) bread to your table from the oven & the pricing is unbeatable.

1  Thank Joe V
Reviewed 16 July 2016

This neighborhood restaurant has been in this location many, many years. It has always been a reliable choice for a good pizza and Italian food. As the neighborhood has declined, Gubbios seems to have declined with it. The restaurant is looking pretty run down. The emphasis seems to be very low cost specials that appeal to a tight budget. The pizza is OK but not what would be expected from an authentic Italian pizzeria. Sadly, this place just seems worn out.

1  Thank gatorbaitnTal
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Wasn't as nice, high end as we thought. The food was not very good Italian. I didn't like the bread as it had no moisture but the person I was with loved it. Brittani was everything positive - the total package - and made the meal.