“Good Service But NOT Good Food!”
Review of Pho Cali - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pho Cali
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My husband and I were going to go out to have dinner out but we were told that this restaurant was very good by the staff at the Ramada Inn where this restaurant is located.

The hostess that sat was a bit off putting,
However, our server was excellent. He did a good job with keeping up drinks refilled was attentive and charming.

I ordered a beef entree and my husband had a shrimp dish. My entree was so salty that it was hardly edible. That night I was up on and off throwing up. I have not been that sick in years.

I have traveled around the world and lived overseas growing up. This was probably one of the worst meals I have had. My husband was okay with his dinner.

I would not recommend this restaurant to other travelers.

Reviewed 26 June 2009

Me thinks that the previous reviewer must have a vendetta or some other unrelated issue against this restaurant. I am a an American male, and very obviously not Asian. My wife and I have been to Pho Cali many times, and absolutely love it. My wife is Korean, and was a licensed Chef and a restaurant owner for many years in Korea...so she is very discriminating when it comes to any type of restaurant/cuisine. For example, she absolutely will not eat at the Korean restaurant down the street on University Blvd, as she says it is not good. The only acceptable Korean restaurants she has dined at in the US are in New York (Flushing...in Queens) and Atlanta. But she loves this restaurant, and we are always treated very well. Additionally, I have taken several non Asian guests with me and we are treated just as well as when I am with my wife...everything (including the Bean Sprouts) is always fresh. My favorite item on the menu is #4 ,rare beef and Tripe in Pho (Vietnamese noodles). Also, you should try their Spring Rolls. BTW, the other Vietnamese restaurant we have tried twice is on Cassat Ave...and not nearly as good as Pho Cali. So in short, I highly recomend it.

1  Thank Foody904
Reviewed 14 April 2008

I am so into Vietnamese food, but this place is the worst in town. They don't treat customers morally. They were giving us spoiled bean sprout, and my mom found a toothpick in the soup.

When we left the restaurant, we've noticed that they were giving fresh bean sprout to the vietnamese customers at the other table. Is it discrimination or what?

Dave