“Yummy”
Review of Rice Bowl

Rice Bowl
Ranked #187 of 2,273 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 13 March 2016

This is about the fourth time I've been there. Twice for lunch & twice for dinner now. Menu is the same for both lunch & dinner. Dinner ambiance is a bit more upscale w/the addition of table cloths (white) & cloth napkins (red).

There was only two of us this time (my sweetie & I) but I have been there w/my kids before. Food is plentiful & prices are reasonable. Although this is not a fast food Chinese restaurant, the food came out pretty quickly. I was amazed (but it was early, only about 6p.m. on a Saturday night & it wasn't busy while we were there (only about 3 occupied tables)). There were a lot of take out orders on the front counter sitting waiting to be picked up when we walked in. Take out business is definitely good.

I will certainly be back.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

My son & I love Asian foods and we were very happy to find this place!, This family owned restaurant makes their food and takes pride in the preparation, you can tell everything is made from scratch and not frozen( hard to find these days). The wonton soup had hand made wontons and was delicious, the egg roll was as delicious. I usually order Singapore noodles where ever I go and this was one of the best, perfectly prepared and seasoned with just the right amount of curry. The atmosphere is average and clean and the service was excellent. A great lunch place, competitively priced - we will be back!

1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed 12 February 2016

We were looking for Chinese food close to the hotel. This restaurant popped up and had a decent rating. The food was very good and generous, service quick and efficient all while being reasonably priced. Excellent value

Reviewed 12 January 2016

When we heard Mr. Chan had been sold we were very sad. We had been searching for a somewhat upscale, sit-down Chinese restaurant for a long time. We found Mr. Chan through a friend's recommendation but it was gone too soon. We tried the restaurant that moved in right after Mr. Chan but it wasn't that great. We noticed the name change and just thought we'd give Rice Bowl a try this past weekend. It was just fabulous!!! The food was fresh and hot and absolutely delicious. Every table was full and they were doing a brisk take out business as well. I see that another reviewer has titled her review "The Old Mr. Chan in Disguise" and I heartily agree. So good to see such excellent food back in that location!

Reviewed 26 December 2015

We decided on Rice Bowl for Christmas Day since it was slim pickings for anything else being open other than fast food.

We ordered spring rolls, Chicken & Broccoli, Chicken Moo Goo Gai Pan, General Tso's Chicken, Sweet & Sour Chicken and Chicken Chow Mein.

Every dish was bland in flavor and the chicken was definitely frozen and thawed quickly prior to cooking. Chicken that is mushy and watery is the tell tale sign of being frozen.

The General Tso's Chicken was neither spicy, let alone tangy in any way. The sauce is typically sticky to the point of being congealed as it cools. This was watery like a soup consistency.

The Chicken Chow Mein was also watery and the vegetables were not crunchy. And the Chicken was mushy as well.

The Sweet & Sour Chicken sauce was watery and lacked the typical stickiness and flavor. The pieces of chicken were cooked perfectly, but again the meat was mushy.

Avoid this restaurant. Taking over the old Mr. Chan's that was also a dump hasn't changed, even after giving it a new name.

Not recommended