“Dissapointed”
Review of Blue Bamboo

Blue Bamboo
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bamboo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 2,189 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$11 - US$18
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Boulevard
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We ate here a few years ago and the food was fabulous, but now they have changed the decor into a grey office like drab setting and the food is overpriced and doesnt taste good. I had to send back the chicken coconut soup because it had absolutely nothing in it and it was watered down with no taste. Yuck! I will not eat here again. However, the waitress was wonderful. She was cheerful and nice.

1  Thank Shari R

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I don't understand the hype. I ordered a duck appetizer with carrots and cabbage, which was a bit adventurous for me. It turned out I didn't like the sauces smothered on top, which isn't the restaurant's fault, but I was disappointed that there was hardly any duck on the crackers, just cabbage and carrots and sauce. Seriously, it was like tiny specks of duck, that's all. (What little duck I found did taste good, though.) I also had the "dragon whiskers" (fried zucchini), which were okay, but all I tasted was the breading and fry oil, I didn't taste zucchini.

My mom's chicken with garlic-ginger sauce had zero flavor. It didn't taste at all like garlic or ginger. However, our server was very attentive and courteous. He came over to see how we were and noticed the look on my mom's face and she mentioned her dish had no flavor. He went in the back to tell the chef and then the chef came out. He also was courteous; he didn't exactly apologize, but he did explain that the garlic-ginger was his mildest sauce and asked if she wanted something stronger. She said she didn't like a lot of heat but she did like flavor.

He recommended a beef and noodles dish with a brown sauce. The restaurant took the chicken dish off our bill, which was nice. However, the beef dish wasn't much better than the chicken. It had a little more flavor, but it was very, very oily. This restaurant has superb service, and it is clean, but the food itself is mediocre and expensive. Not worth it.

1  Thank CCBTitusville_FL
Reviewed 2 February 2018

This restaurant has a lovely room for groups to use. The book club I belong to ate here for lunch - there were eleven of us and their group room was perfect for lunch and book discussion. The servers were great and all of us found food that was well prepared and tasty. I did feel that the prices of the lunches were quite high.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We just love Blue Bamboo and Chef Dennis Chan! Service by Heather and Holly is terrific-they make you feel so at home! Everything on the menu is wonderful so you cant go wrong with whatever you order but our suggestion is to leave it up to the chef and try a bit of everything! Dim Sum Sundays are a treat not to be missed!

1  Thank Drtamaragrosz
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We ate lunch there yesterday, based on all the great reviews. The great reviews are well-deserved-the food was spectacular (pork dumplings, best we have ever had, crunchy and flavorful, not the bland gummy things one usually gets); two salads (one with Ahi tuna, one with spicy shrimp), and tea-infused creme brulee. Service was excellent. We bought a cookbook and luckily the owner was in and we got it signed!
We plan to take a cooking class there in just over a week.
The restaurant seems to aim to build a community of Asian-loving foodies-works for me! They have little cards where if you buy 6 lunches you get the 7th free, and also offer regular cooking classes and Dim Sum one Sunday per month. We are already members of the Asian-loving foodies club and include this restaurant as the best such place in Jax!

1  Thank Mel959