“Loved it-can't recommend highly enough!”
Review of Blue Bamboo

Blue Bamboo
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bamboo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 2,117 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$11 - US$18
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Boulevard
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We ate lunch there yesterday, based on all the great reviews. The great reviews are well-deserved-the food was spectacular (pork dumplings, best we have ever had, crunchy and flavorful, not the bland gummy things one usually gets); two salads (one with Ahi tuna, one with spicy shrimp), and tea-infused creme brulee. Service was excellent. We bought a cookbook and luckily the owner was in and we got it signed!
We plan to take a cooking class there in just over a week.
The restaurant seems to aim to build a community of Asian-loving foodies-works for me! They have little cards where if you buy 6 lunches you get the 7th free, and also offer regular cooking classes and Dim Sum one Sunday per month. We are already members of the Asian-loving foodies club and include this restaurant as the best such place in Jax!

1  Thank Mel959

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I made reservation last week for 7:00pm on a Saturday evening only to find out that there were 2 or 3 other couples in the restaurant. I was so surprised and could not believe it. Well, at one time this was THE place for Asian Cuisine, but you can't rest on your reputation. My ahi tuna and veggies was drenched with sauce and it was luke warm. My husbands chicken and broccali dish was very bland and disappointing. By 7:30 there were a few more couples but, not far from a house that was half full. I was so disappointed and after paying a pricey check we will not be back for a long time. I do not mind paying for excellent food, but this was very, very average.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I have heard good things about this restaurant and Chef Dennis has a great reputation in this city. This restaurant was voted one of the top 50 restaurants in Jacksonville. They are usually closed on Sunday, but open once a month for Dim Sum Sundays. We have not had Dim Sum since we lived in NY and decided to give it a try. We ordered the Pork Potstickers, Crab Rangoon, steamed Shrimp Har Gow Dumplings and Coconut Sticky Dumplings. The shrimp was a little bland, but we loved everything else. The Pork Potstickers were amazing and had a delicious sauce to dip them in. We decided to get another order of them since they were so good. Looking forward to going for dinner sometime soon!

1  Thank seasidegirl603
Reviewed 3 November 2017

My wife and I came here just around 6:00PM on a Friday. Normally I wouldn't approach a place at that day and time but BB was essentially empty!

They very recently remodeled and changed the menu - the on-line menu was not up-to-date.

The service was extremely attentive and very timely in all aspects.

My wife was running a little late (Southside Blvd - 'nuff said) so I started with an Organic Mixed Greens Salad. There were a few noodles in it as a bonus and work done on the carrots - well, they were cut to about the diameter of the thin noodles.

She had an appetizer of 5 spring rolls and I had 3 pork egg rolls. Both came with a very flavorful Thai-style duck sauce.

For the main course she had 4 lamb chops with Bok Choy and white rice. I had a Cre-Asian (Create your own bowl) of fried rice, chicken, carrots, cabbage, and green peppers, I also added a small bowl of vegetable fried rice to share.

All of the main courses were excellent; the lamb and chicken were very tender and the fried rice was not too heavy on the soy sauce but I didn't need to add any either (none was sitting around on the tables).

The downside was the price. For the above with a decent tip the total was $89.00 (She had one beer).

Still, for an occasional, treat-yourself-special, this is definitely a superior place to go.

1  Thank rayhP3182GU
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant wins in every aspect. The menu items are very different and unique. You will be amazed by the creativity of this cuisine. The atmosphere is very calm and relaxing. Not loud at all. Make sure you read the menu, you will get a good laugh at the clever descriptions on the menu! ;) I recommend trying the shrimp and grits. It's a different twist if you like that dish. Also try the appetizer sampler. It gives you a taste of a few different appetizers they serve because there's too many good items to choose just one!

1  Thank casirc