“Nice place”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Our intention to dine was at another place but it was closed. We walked by Mossfire on the way there so we thought we stop in for a drink. We went up the stairs for the bar and saw the patio outside. Once seated we asked for a menu and decided to eat, good decision. Our server Catherine was friendly, efficient, helpful and attentive. The food was excellent, I had the crab cakes, they were very good, not too much filler, mostly crab. My friend had the quesadillas which she enjoyed.
We will return in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

I recently ate here with a very large group and we all enjoyed our food, drinks, and service. Our server did a great job of accommodating our group and trying to keep us on schedule as we told her we were on a tight time schedule and needed to leave by a certain time.

We started with the usual chips and salsa, but there wasn't anything typical about this salsa. It had a smoky flavor and was delicious. I had a few tacos and black beans and rice - it was all really good.

The ambience is upbeat, open, and friendly. This is a cool place to hang out, but be warned that parking is very challenging around this restaurant. I had to park at least 3 blocks away.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Mossfire is my never fail spot when I can't decide where to go. Simple menu, not overly frou frou, just good food. Lunch or dinner never dissapoints and the little terrace upstairs is a wonderful spot to dine! Meatloaf is fab and the Salmon BLT killer!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I was impressed about helpfulness of staff in seating and serving older seniors, many of whom were wheel chair bound. Featured menu items have a Southwestern theme, which for this restaurant includes seasoning with Cilantro, a flavor I dislike. I was able to order the Turkey/Bacon sandwich, requesting omission of turkey and extra bacon for a wonderful BLT. Extra soda was offered generously.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

The menu is the same for lunch and dinner. It is mostly Mexican fare with a few non-Mexican choices such as hamburger, meat loaf, salmon BLT and other sandwiches and some salads. We ordered chicken quesadillas that were made with pulled chicken. The texture of the pulled chicken was very mushy and neither one of us finished our meals. We looked at their Sunday Brunch menu which is also very heavily Mexican fare. Each evening they advertise that they have alcoholic drink specials so that may be a reason to go -- not particularly for the food though.