“Do NOT recommend”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #205 of 2,275 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We waited over 30 minutes for our food, and it was cold when we finally got it. Our waitress was sweet and the manager comped two of our four meals, but the wait times and the cold food have totally turned us off from this location.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We visited our favorite chain American restaurant in the USA in Jacksonville, Florida. We already know the quality of the food, the restaurant' vibe, and layout.
Service was a poor compared to our neighborhood restaurant.
The waitress should be more friwndly and pay attention to details.
We asked for a few drinks on the go and we left without the drinks.
We would like to get a better treatment for every single customer.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018

I visited with my kids because Denny's was too crowded. We should have waited.
The service was fine but the food was horrible.

Scrambled eggs were cooked really hard. Not just dry, but rubbery.
The sausage patties (for the low carb diners in our foursome) were poor quality and very dry. Even the bacon was burnt and as brittle as glass.
Two kids wanted hash browns & left them after a single bite. They complained that they were slimy "like something a pig would eat".
My son enjoyed his pancakes and ate a bowl of grits. The two 'carbivores' said that the biscuits were good.
Of the 4 diners, one was content.
If you want biscuits or pancakes, this might be your place. Everything else was disgusting.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We went to Cracker Barrel tonight and was seated right away with drink orders. Then it went bad from there. After we ordered (chicken and dumplins for me, eggs and bacon for my wife), it took a long time for us to get our food. When we finally got our food, both the dumplins (mine) and the eggs (my wife) were cold. The waitress took responsibility and told us that she left in all the counter to long (while doing something else for another customer) and she re-ordered. A few minutes later our food came. Guess what, the eggs were still cold. Dumplins were hot (they must have microwaved it) but the Gravy for the mash potatoes was cold, and cheese grits had no cheese. Manager was nice and apologetic but I was not going to give them a third chance. We left! On a positive note, the Sweet Tea Was great.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Just about everything you get at Cracker Barrel is fried. I hated the food. However, the service was very good. Unfortunately, I felt sick the rest of the day after eating at Cracker Barrel.