All reviews buffet style bed was comfortable pool and hot tub great rate fridge and microwave walmart florida
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

The staff here are amazing, very personable and provide a comfortable, yet professional environment. My room was clean, the elevators ran quickly & smoothly. My only complaint was quickly addressed, the battery in my fire alarm was dying & would chirp ever so often. I gave 4 stars because an hour later it started back up again. (I guess it's another dying battery or the wires) That time I just dealt with it myself.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2016

I am a very frequent traveler and so noticed a lot of little things that casual travelers or vacationers might not be bothered by, but frequent travelers who know better will be annoyed. Here goes:
Check-in policy is that they charge you 50.00 for 'incidentals' that if unused, takes several days to be credited to your account. I checked in with a corporate credit card so this seemed unnecessary to me. Most hotels will charge you for ACTUAL expenses, not a deposit 'just in case.'
Maintenance-elevator walls are scraped and scuffed, making the place seem not well maintained. Shower curtain is cheap plastic and had holes in it and was stained. Toilet paper holder was missing so toilet paper roll just sat on the counter. Decorative strips missing from the headboard, exposing raw wood. Air conditioner is LOUD. Carpet is bubbled up in areas in hallways. Vending machines are on every floor but had signs saying they were out of order.
Restaurant- 'free' breakfast consisted of rice krispie cereal delivered in a small box. That's it. No milk. We laughed because it was so unbelievable!
Staff-housekeeping staff is fairly friendly as was front desk staff (less so) but they don't seem to understand that they are in a SERVICE industry. Overall staff attitude does not display any sense of caring or service, more like just moving cattle.
Room-none of the trash cans had bags in them (nor did the cans outside the hotel's front doors), no paper or pens in the room and one of the pillowcases was on inside out. I also saw bags of dirty linens sitting in hallways for hours - when no housekeeping staff was anywhere nearby.
On the plus side the tv is big and there was a whirlpool tub in the room with operating instructions (although the laminated sign should be checked for proper grammar) and the bathroom tile is beautiful.
Overall, this seems like a beautiful property that needs some seasoned hotel leadership/staff. For example, if you read the reviews and the responses to them (from the general manager) some of the responses don't even address the issues being raised in the reviews - to me, another indication of the lack of attention to detail-and this from the hotel's general manager, which explains the staff's lack of attention to detail/service - it starts at the top. Sadly these little things add up to a property that is not being well run or maintained. I definitely wouldn't stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2016

I go to Jacksonville once a year to visit family and usually stay on the beach but it's become so expensive so I thought I would give this hotel a try. It was a pretty new hotel and was very clean and quiet. It seemed a little disorganized especially the restaurant and didn't seem very full but the staff was nice and friendly.
I read in other reviews that the jets in the tub come on by themselves and that happened to me. I kept getting up to turn them off but finally just let them go and they went off by themselves. I was satisfied with the hotel but next time I will pay the extra and stay on the beach.

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE! From the outside it looks beautiful but the inside and staff is awful! Our room had white stains all over the carpet, our jets in the tiny tub didn't work, called the front desk and a kid came up and said "we can offer you the hot tub outside but it closes in 15 mins" really? The light on our balcony didn't work, microwave didn't work, lamp didn't work and the AC is SO loud. No toilet paper in our room. Our deadbolt didn't line up with the door frame. It was all just so bad. When checking out the kid didn't say a word to us and acted annoyed. No wonder it was empty! I will never stay here again. $188 wasted.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kierstyn2010
Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

Arrived at a very nice hotel. Front desk attendant is young and inexperienced. He did a great job. Problem comes when I go to my room.
One of the first things you see on brochure and Internet is the in room tubs.
Selling point after a long day of travel. Not in our room. Handicap accessible. Never a mention at front desk or in the booking by Expedia.

Oh, it's there in the fine print on Expedia but was not what I purchased.

This hotel is going to struggle because of location. They can not overcome problems like this. That is why rooms range from $68 a night to $160 a night. People are looking for options until last minute.

Nice place needs urgency.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommyboyinfla