“Been eating at a Bono’s 1964”
Review of Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q

Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #481 of 2,280 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Bono’s is an iconic BBQ in Jacksonville. It’s the best ever with its original sauce. All of the locations are excellent, but the original on BeachBlvd. is the first one. This is true BBQ. Their food is always fresh and meat is smoked on the property. Many times you can just pick up a lb of the meant and take it Home for delicious salads if you don’t have time to eat out. Jacksonville’s finest.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Maybe We went on a Bad Night. The BBQ was Dry and We had to keep applying Sauce to it. The sides were very good. We are from out of town
so I don't know when We would be back in the area to see if it has Improved.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Good variety of different sides and meats. The sauces aren't my favorite. Too sweet, or too much heat... I was able to mix them though. Ordered unsweetened tea and got sweet tea twice. Not bad though. Won't be back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Stopped in from work to pick up dinner, chicken and ribs, they did not put the barbecue sauce and the salad dressing that i asked for in the bag , and the chicken was dried out . I called to explain my concern to Jason, the manager, and he hung up the phone on me. We would never go to this location again.The only thing worth eating was the corn.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The food is average, and the service is very good. One of the biggest problems with this particular Bono's is that everyone will know that you went there. Their ventilation is terrible and you really smell the smoke, which means you come out smelling like smoke. When I came back to work and walked by one of the admins, she commented...went to Bono's for lunch didn't you. Now you can get a decent lunch, with quick service, but I don't need the smell to linger all day long. Even my wife commented when I got home from work that I smelt like barbecue.

Date of visit: February 2018