“AVERAGE PLACE - LIMITED SELECTION”

Marco Polo Mongolian Barbecue
Ranked #489 of 2,273 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 September 2018

This place had high reviews in the past so I was expecting a exceptional meal. Unfortunately I was disappointed. The place is in a strip mall that is now mostly empty as was the restaurant. It seems the word has gotten out. The place is your basic Chinese buffet except that this is mostly a Mongolian buffet with a hot side bar. The hot side bar had limited choices - none that I really enjoyed - and the Mongolian bar had beef-chicken-pork with the normal other items. Somehow even this was not that good. The service was good, especially i was the only person there till later in my meal. I really do not like to blast a place - but I honestly do no recommend going here - especially with all the other outstanding choices in the area.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Friendly atmosphere and tasty food. A hidden gem on the Northside. We're frequent customers and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

My friend favorite place to eat when in Jacksonville. I had better stir fry.

The restaurant isn't fancy but it fits the area..This place isn't swanky, and while they have a buffet AND the Mongolian Que, skip the buffet and just load up on the BBQ -- it was much better than what was available on the buffet. Well, maybe an egg roll...

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The foid was fresh and tasty. The restaurant could use some new carpet and paint...but you aren't going for that. If you are in the area and hungry...give it a try.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I had a simple veggie stir fry with steamed rice and it was good. I've had better stir fry food. The hot bar had a great selection but most of it was fried which I don't care for.