“Delicious lunch ”

Farah's Pita Stop Cafe
Ranked #670 of 2,281 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

Amazing food. Especially love the hummus and tabbouleh. Great family atmosphere. Nice and quick place to grab lunch. They even offer some corporate lunch discounts!!

Reviewed 6 March 2015

I have eaten here dozens of times and always love the food. The staff is friendly and helpful. The chicken shwarma is a particular favorite of mine, and you can't go wrong with the hummas. Its a hidden gem I take out of towners to any chance I get. I'll keep going back.

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 23 December 2014

I have eaten here several times and I always choose the same thing, spinach pie and hummus, because it's a healthy option that doesn't include any red meat but provides a good portion of protein. (I have limited my red meat consumption to just two meals per week for the past thirty years). The family owners are very friendly and this appears to be a fairly recent location so the restaurant is clean. Service was a little slow on this visit because they were absent a kitchen employee but typically they are prompt. The spinach pie is moist and comes wrapped in a plump portion of pita bread. I prefer Hala Cafe's spinach pie because there is less bread and you taste more of the spinach. The hummus is very tasty. Overall, this is a nice meal that provides a good alternative to some of the less healthy protein items available on most menus.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is a go to place for me when I'm in Jacksonville. The place is family owned and the food is amazing. The kibbee is the best I've ever had and I gave grown up in an Lebanese family. Everything is fresh and high quality.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We wanted something different, and had passed by Pita Stop many times. That was a mistake. As we entered, we were greeted by the owner and his sons, like we were old friends. The decor is plain, but very clean and bright. I ordered a gyro with a side of homemade potato chips, and my wife had Dena's Special, which was a combo plate with hummus, tabouli, kibbe and stuffed grape leaves. My gyro was very good, and came with a generous helping of tzatziki sauce on the side. The chips were fresh and dusted with just the right amount of salt. The tabouli is made fresh 3 times a day, and was not limp and mushy like that at many other cafés. The kibbe was some of the best I've ever had, and the grape leaves were very good. The hummus had just the right amount of red pepper and olive oil. The restaurant is very busy at lunch, and is trying to build its dinner business. I highly recommend it, so take your date there one evening.

Date of visit: June 2014