All reviews room was clean an indoor outdoor pool front desk pancake machine free breakfast hot tub jacksonville airport early flight breakfast bar staff was friendly next morning would stay here again shuttle cruise hie housekeeping microwave
Reviewed 4 October 2017

My husband and I had just renewed our vows and decided to take a mini-honeymoon by spending some much needed downtown at a hotel. We booked our room online. When we arrived at the hotel, we quickly discovered that our debit was not accepted to check in. Ray, the agent that was assisting us and took probably 1000 calls from me, immediately apologized and helped us figure out how to use a prepaid Visa to check in. (It is Netspend by the way. We don't have credit cards so this was a little upsetting at first but worth the initial headache). He never once showed frustration at my lack of knowledge. As a matter of fact, he did his best to educate us. We finally got to the room and it was nap time. The following morning we had breakfast, a full breakfast bar, where we were greeted by Marie. She was just as amazing as Ray. We checked out the following day where we had the displeasure of dealing with Debra. My husband was making pancakes when Debra decided that it was time to clean the machine sweeping junk off of the top onto the pancakes that my husband was making. He started making himself some toast when he apparently was in her way again. Finally, he went to grab sausage when she removed the sausage bin and sarcastically asked, "Oh, did you need something". Every move that he made from that point on was closely watched. Had it not been for the excellent care from Ray and Marie, this review would have been completely different and we would have made an official complaint against Debra.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DieselsGurl
Ava D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Good Morning,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We take complete pride in ensuring all of our guests have the best stay all of the time. We use all reviews for recognition and continued staff training and I assure you that I have spoken with our breakfast attendant about your concerns. If your travels find you back in our area we would be honored to have the opportunity to show you our true hospitality.
Ava Dotson

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Fleeing hurricane Irma, stopped here and they had rooms available, however they enforced their NO PETS policy. I told them I have a dog and they would not make an exception. Told them that the governor said hotels had to accept pets and they said not them. An opportunity to do good, they chose to send people out the door. Would have paid a pet deposit, but apparently corporate policy over rules human compassion at this place. My only choice is to not stay at holiday inns because they are not really in the hospitality industry.

Room tip: NOT pet friendly
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marie H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank You for the survey, I am not sure when you tried to check in with a pet. Our property was pet friendly the entire time that Jacksonville was in the path of the storm. If you could send me more details on the check in day or time so that I could do a full investigation I would appreciate it. As we don't want to upset any of our guest in any way.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Extremely grateful to all the staff and professionalism they showed. Marie, Sharon, Regina, Miss P, Ray, Miss Ava, especially. I evacuated south Florida and arrived very stressed. Staff were very courteous and empathetic to the situation. Hotel very clean. Exemplary of how a hotel stay should be.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Marie H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank You for taking the time to write a review for our property and staff. We appreciate you doing so, as we know you are still trying to get your home straight after the storm. We truly love what we do and it is awesome to here feedback from guest like yourself. It lets us know we are still on our path of offering excellent guest services.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

After dropping our daughter off at college in St Petersburg this past weekend, my husband and I started the long journey back to New Jersey. While traveling through Jacksonville, our battery light in our car came on. We made it to AutoZone where the helpful technician told us our alternator was about to go. Great, it's 6pm on Sunday of Labor day weekend. He pointed us in the direction of nearby hotels. Being an IHG member, I chose the Holiday Inn Express and I'm glad we did. We were greeted by Ray, who quickly found us a room and helped us with all of our needs. When we had to stay another night due to garage not being open on Labor day, Ray quickly came to our rescue again. We finally got a hold of the garage (Tubel's, another set of great folks), Ray and Marie were once again wonderful making our wait for the car comfortable and enjoyable. The staff definitely were warm and welcoming every step of the way. I'm glad that these hospitable people were able to take a little stress off of a stressful situation.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Marie H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank You for taking the time to write a survey for our property, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Ray is one of our newest treasured staff members, and I will pass this along for him to read. Hoping you choose our property if you are in our city again.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel was chosen because I am an IHG member ( and have been for years) and we were flying out the next morning bright and early. I had been planning this trip for months and wanted to be sure nothing would go wrong. I called this property a month before we left and asked if the shuttle was reliable at 5AM, and could we leave our car there while we were on a cruise. The staff person assured me that leaving the car would be complimentary, and the shuttle was very reliable. Terrific. When we go to check in, the front desk clerk, Ray, was alone. It was clear he wasn't really sure what he was doing, and told us " I am new". After a few minutes another clerk appeared, and she too was new " fresh from the Marriott" When I asked about leaving the car, again, she said it was fine and when we came back down for dinner we could sort out the paperwork then. When we came back downstairs the front desk was swarming with people, and Ray was alone again. Poor Ray! Barely any training and dumped behind the front desk as the lone ranger. I stood in line waiting for my turn to sort out the paper work, and Ray informed me he would have to call the manager about leaving the car. After several attempts to get someone on the phone, the manager said, leaving the car was fine, but normally they would charge $5.00 a day. This was the first I had heard of this and said so. No where on the website does it mention a fee to park the car. So thinking I had it ONCE AGAIN sorted out, we went to dinner and began getting ready for our early flight. When I looked at the bill the next morning, there was the $50 fee to park the car. When we got downstairs the shuttle was there so I didn't have time to haggle. So, if you are looking for a hotel near JAX for an early morning flight, stay else where. There are several very nice hotels nearby that won't rip you off for parking.

Room tip: let the buyer beware
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank noworreez
Ava D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Good Morning noworreez,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences regarding the parking policy we have, as we do charge for parking at a lower rate than other companies around us. If you could please contact me to let me know who you spoke with regarding the parking policies so I may continue staff training to ensure there are no miscommunication's in the future for our guests I would greatly appreciate it. I also would be more than happy to refund the monies charged to you for parking for the inconvenience. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Have a most wonderful day.

Ava Dotson