“Comfortable Dining, Tasty Options”
Review of The Brick

The Brick
Ranked #32 of 2,273 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located amongst the stately oaks of Historic Avondale, Brick Restaurant features eclectic selections with regional inspiration. Brick is a neighborhood favorite with signature dishes embracing a modern take on American cuisine. The lofty interior features exposed brick walls and stained glass windows while al fresco diners enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of a quaint patio offering a front row seat to the charming surroundings of the historic district of Avondale.
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Sitting outside on a spring day in Jacksonville is a great way to enjoy lunch at The Brick. The menu has plenty of options with multiple salads, sandwiches and appetizers. My fish tacos (choose tilapia, mahi or ahi tuna) had a bright soy-ginger sauce. A companion's crab cake was plump and moist and came with the outrageously good cole slaw. Service was fast and friendly. Its a good little place with a bunch of happy patrons.

1  Thank Patti M

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Our first time here and I had the fish tacos which were good, but the cole slaw was probably the best I've ever had. It's very chunky including slivers of bell pepper. I really felt I had a great serving of vegetables. Other folks enjoyed the burgers. The live music was also great.

1  Thank Tigerfan85
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Went for a quick lunch mostly because I had o e bad experience here but was hoping this visit would be better. Not so much. I had lunch with my bestie Kay. I ordered soup and salad with the soup choice being French onion. Kay ordered a crab cake with coleslaw. She was thrilled. The soup which is purported to be homemade is made using a highly salty base. It was inedible in my opinion. Additionally, the food was cold. Second chance blown...

3  Thank 858sandiw
Reviewed 8 May 2017

My husband & I enjoyed a very good dinner at The Brick. We were able to sit out on a lovely spring evening
and started with fried avocado. We were skeptical when we saw it on the menu but were so glad we tried it.
delicious! My husband had the divine crab cakes (very little breading, tons of sweet crab meat). I had a green salad topped with ahi tuna, perfectly seared.
The service was efficient but friendly. Very good experience overall.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Wonderful place to stop and get a few drinks and a quality meal. Staff is very friendly and the atmosphere lends itself to a mellow experience.