“Lunch Date with the wife.”

Ephesus Mediterranean Grill & Pizza
Ranked #1,001 of 2,151 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Description: Ephesus Mediterranean Grill & Pizza is a restaurant provides Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek and Middle Eastern halal foods. It is located in greater Arlington area of Jacksonville Florida. It is closed on Mondays. All you can eat buffet, around 18 different daily fresh foods, available between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM weekdays.
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Pleasant experience and friendly staff. The cuisine reminded me of the food my childhood friend G.Volakakis's mom used to make. The portions were ample and seasoned well. To be specific; we ordered a Caesar salad, fried ravioli, Cheese Calzone and the mixed grill for two and for desert we ordered the baklava. All items were outstanding. I guess I ordered something that was rare during lunch had a few people make mention of how good the plate of food looked.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

we drove 20 minutes south to find this venue nestled in a small strip mall. The co-owner greeted us and took us to our booth not knowing that we speak fluent Turkish. Our waitress explained how Doner kebab is done and some other dishes. My wife went for the Adana kebab and found it not spicy as it should be. My Beyti kebab was done with meatballs instead of chunks of lamb. BUT.. both dishes tasted good and so did the salad we shared. The wines by the glass were generously poured and the co-owners warm interaction and complimentary Turkish coffee were appreciated.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

My wife and a friend were going to a movie and as I had a Local Flavor coupon decided to go to Ephesus for a meal before the movie. When the waiter came up I said we were in a hurry as we are catching a movie and ordered Chicken Kebab with rice and salad. He asked me did I want chunks or pieces? I said I want the chicken in cubes on a stick. The restaurant was empty only two other patrons, yet the meal took forever and when it came out there was these flattened pieces of what looked like processed meat. I told the waiter this was not what I ordered and he said you asked for pieces. I said don't worry we will eat it as its so late. When we tasted the meat it was bland with hardly any flavor. I got up and walked over to the waiter and said this chicken is tasteless and I do not understand how you could get it wrong as I specifically said chicken on skewers, there is no skewers or sticks. He got very angry and shouted to me that I should not pay to which I replied Please just bring me a check and some boxes and walked back to my table. He then followed me and started to yell at me telling me what I did was so wrong in front of customers and the chef (there were only two customers and I never raised my voice) and went on and on. I said you are the one that's being rude to which he screamed for me to get out and never come back there. Deal done, I have never been so insulted and embarrassed in my life. I also never give bad reviews but felt like this was one that I should share with my foodie friends.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

The waiter got our order wrong. Then he literally looked right at us and told us to leave and never come back, because we said something to him. Rude and not that good either. I wouldn't bother.

1  Thank Cindy R
Reviewed 16 February 2017

This is some unique food to me. A blend of several countries and some very good pizza. Very good conscientious service with constant attention to the buffet bar.

1  Thank Steve G