All reviews basketball court bedroom suite needed a pet friendly hotel fire pit stove top every morning sofa bed south florida included breakfast overnight stay common areas nice pool the young lady short drive enjoyed my stay great room hot breakfast
Reviewed 20 July 2016

My family and I stayed during a special convention for three nights. The room overall was very nice.! I usually don't sleep well in hotels, but slept comfortably every night! The only thing that disappointed me was that when we first checked in, we noticed the stovetop was not cleaned and never was cleaned for the whole stay. Another problem was that the living room TV never worked, the fitness room temp stayed at 80-82°f and when I asked about it staff said it had to stay at that temp. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was very prompt and had great variety, which helped us to feed our family and arrive at our convention facility in a timely manner.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Brad W, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Felicia D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Jacksonville. We are very pleased you were able to rest so well, while staying with us. We have addressed the room concerns, and have replaced our fitness center AC.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Area GM

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

I am really upset with this hotel. Since I arrived here, I start feel bites in my body, and thought that comes from mosquitoes. 1 1/2 week later I found a flea in my bed, right after I feel a bite (I made a video in this day to show for my husband that was working in that moment). After I saw this flea in my bed, I started pay attention and for my surprise my room is infested of fleas. I have many bites in my feet, legs and etc. I talked to a lady in front desk on Friday July 15th, and she told me and my husband that somebody is going to my room spray something and will ask to somebody come on Monday July 18 to exterminator this fleas. Now is 2 am on Wednesday 20, and till now nobody show up to exterminator nothing in my room, I am wake because I just feel more bites in my feet and stand up to looking for anything in my bed and guess what? There was another flea. I am really tired and sick about this. I went to the bathroom and saw many fleas jumping, I spent about 10 minutes catching this fleas from the bathrooms floor and throwing in the sink. I have to stay here for more 2 weeks, because I just move to Jacksonville from Brazil, and I gave to stay in this worst hotel till I move to my apartment. Now I am really afraid in bring to my apartment with me this flea, and worse be sick because this bites. I am feeling sick, and I am almost sure, this is because this many bites I have in my body. I am gonna send pictures from my bites.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Brad W, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Dear Pamela C.,

Please accept our apologies for the issues with the pests you experienced in the rooms. We take great pride in running a facility that is clean, well maintained, and pest free.

We have ensured that our pest control company is on board fully with being more thorough so that this is not an issue moving forward.

Please accept our apologies,

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Booked this hotel through Groupon. Upon my arrival they were not able to see the payment. Front desk agent had me wait 45 minutes before I suggested or rather insisted that she call a manager who was not on property to find out what to do. After 53 minutes to be exact I was able to check in.

Rooms are ok, decent size we stayed in a studio. The walk to the elevator was unsightly as they were doing the hotel’s laundry and you could see dish towels, yes dish towels piled up on the floor in the laundry room waiting to be washed. Glad I don’t usually use these kitchen towels. Such a turn off, carpet is not the cleanest but ok.

Bed in the room was nicely made, but the toilet had a permanent stain. Another turn off. Breakfast is the typical, waffles, eggs, on a positive not the corned beef hash was the best I ever had. Waffle maker was problematic, but host re-made my waffles and brought them to me. Plenty of dining area.

Checkout was also a nightmare, I had left cash deposit and they posted it to the wrong room. I had to wait on the front desk agent to call to get permission to give me my funds while they do their research. Thanks the Loren the manager offsite who seemed to be the only one with any problem solving skill. Coming from the Residence Inn on Amelia Island, this hotel was truly a disappointment.

I have stayed at many Residence Inn before and this was by far the worst experience. Will not stay at this hotel ever again. I just threw $168 of my hard earned money awa

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Brad W, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Dear Tashafun,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. As I emailed you, Groupon is not a typical booking engine for the hotel. However, we greatly apologize for the delay in getting you to your room.

We are doing further training to ensure this issue does not happen again. Please accept our apologies, and I hope you change your mind and give us another opportunity.

Please accept our apologies,

Area General Manager

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Excellent rooms, great front desk and service staff and the breakfast/snacks are excellent.

I'll say too that the staff is very compassionate. I remarked to a staffer that I had noticed quite a few sick children roaming the halls and common areas. I was told that there is a large children's hospital near and that many of the patients getting outpatient care reside there. Many for up to 10 weeks. There is no doubt that the staff build relationships with these kids and their parents. I applaud them for their kindness.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Brad W, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dean B,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the rooms. We agree, we are blessed to have such a great staff in place.

We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Area General Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

We did not have a reservation but had stayed at this Inn a couple of times in the past 10 years. (One stay was our spontaneous wedding/honeymoon). They always have such a friendly staff, so much so that they don't seem like staff. They always say hello and are willing to do anything to make your stay enjoyable. The whole Inn has been remodeled and what a great job they did on this. The lobby is warm and cozy; the hot breakfast is more than enough for anyone; maid service was exceptional; pool area was delightful. They even had balls and floats for playing in the pool which my 5 year old granddaughter thoroughly enjoyed. Every area was very clean. But I think the most important feature of the Inn was you did not feel like a customer but more like a friend staying over for a few nights.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Brad W, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear PnRTrip,

Thank you for your wonderfully comments. We are going to share the comments with the entire staff. We are glad that you liked the renovations that we did. We are always very happy to hear what our guest think of them. We proud ourselves on trying to make everyone feel at home when they stay with us, so we are very happy to hear that you did feel that way.

We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Jacksonville!!