“Worst dining experiece I have ever had”
Review of Chowder Ted's

Chowder Ted's
Ranked #43 of 2,188 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I went to this restaurant for dinner. Service was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!! The waitress "Amy" was rude and obnoxious !! She must have had a bad year not just a bad day... She complained and griped the entire time we were there and her and cook were belittling another employee and actually were making jokes about the owner not knowing how to run a restaurant (the most unprofessional atmosphere I have ever encountered) . I came to have nice dinner with my wife not listen to their banter and complaints. The food came out after approx. 45 min and my wife's order (how do you confuse a Mahi Blackened for a hamburger really????) came out entirely wrong.... Then I had to wait while my food got cold (or eat before my wife) for another 25 min while they redid hers...Wow!! The entire time this "Amy" was blaming the mistake on us and her and cook were making comments back and forth to each other degrading us!!!! I will never eat here again and I caution you as well it was pathetic. Of course I ate cold food but the food was below ok lol about kin to a fast food seafood restaurant... and charge $13 ++ for this crap...I had heard great things about this and told "Amy" that as well her reply was well Ted sold it and this is the quality the new owner has. Also, If you don't like it, you don't have to eat there...........WoW!!! in 50 years I've never had a waitress that worked for tips tell me an excuse and be as rude as that.........There is nothing special here other than listening to moaning and complaining and subpar food...So eat at your own risk....I would have given it -50 stars if I could just on the service alone.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Drove by this restaurant hundreds of times, decided to stop for lunch with my bride. Seating is limited but there are other rooms beyond the main dining area. For is prepared in an open kitchen. Fast courteous service and waitress was ever to plead and answer any menu question. Ordered a full pot of chowder...hope you like it spicy. I enjoyed the flavors but my wife stated it was a little too spicy for her. the second order was the blackened fish sandwich which was a two-hander in size. Fresh fish made it a great lunch sandwich. Onion rings were delicate and crisp. Now I know why the locals rave about this place.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

If you want delicious seafood with no frills, this is the place for you. The chowder is awesome, and the oyster po boy was also great. All parties enjoyed the meal.
Simple atmosphere, good service add fresh food.
Done right!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Great chowder, worth a detour. Still going strong, good as ever. Recently changed hands with Ted retiring. Was worried about a drop off but fears unfounded. Seafood signature Chowder good as ever, half bowl enough to temporarily satisfy craving for this secret concoction. Grilled blackened fish sandwich with house sauce also spot on, thick, juicy and plentiful. Long live Ted’s!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Could drive right by and never know it. Signage is lacking and after meal left in the dark literally. No outside lights at all. Besides that, the food and service was fantastic. Had the conch fritter and 1/2 pot of clam chowder as appetizer and both were delicious. Clam chowder was unique in its spiciness and green olive surprises. Had blackened shrimp sandwich and hamburger for dinner. Both were very good and the burger was surprisingly big and fresh. Very reasonably priced. Was fortunate that I went to bank to get cah prior as they are a cah only establishment.

Been to Chowder Ted's? Share your experiences!