“Out of the way gem”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Went for the first time for lunch!!
Adorable little joint that had the best crab cakes and clam strips. Fresh fresh !! Cash only and not open Sunday which is a shame.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

An unpretentious uninteresting looking clapboard house with no personality at all but serves some of the best chowder and fish in town for a very reasonable price.
It reminds me of a house where fisherman and locals probably come to enjoy good food and good conversation. It's a no frills place but don't let that put you off. The food's good.I had a bowl of chowder, salad and fried onion rings. My husband had the Mahimahi sandwich. We both enjoyed our meal and would definitely return. The chowder could have had more shell fish in the stew as noted by another reviewer, but the flavor could not be better. In France it would be called bouillabaisse. The difference, Ted charges $10, Pierre $40. Take your choice.

2  Thank glapha
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I came here with a group of Co-workers hoping they were back open. Yes they are and the food was great. I ordered the fried crawfish tails with fries. They have not lost their touch. I usually order the swamp burger which has always been great but today I'm glad I choose differently.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

We were visiting Jacksonville, Florida, and we visited this restaurant based on the great reviews on Yelp. Before we ordered their famous half pot of chowder, we asked the waitress if there was any cream in the soup. She said yes, but it tasted like stewed vegetable soup with no cream, and we could barely detect any fish or clams. We refrained from asking the friendly waitress whether the chowder order was a mistake, because we were tourists and had no plan to return. The fried calamari and Cajun shrimp were decent; the best item was the grilled tilapia sandwich, which was excellent. Overall, we were kind of disappointed.

2  Thank LenaCDoll
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Just don't understand why this is so popular. Staff was nice but it smelled like sewage. Obviously has large local lunch following just not for me.