“..you get what you pay for....”

Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
New York City, New York
“..you get what you pay for....”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I should have realized when the "big names" were all full here(Hilton garden; Hampton, Wyndym; etc), that should have said something about this bargain, $70 a night, facility...carpets dirty; outside door to inner hallways, not locked(and I told the cleark who said to come in another door; I told her no, it should be locked so that we are secure and she just didn't get it))...once inside, it smelled like balogna; I tease you not...a very pungid smell of something like that! I told the clerk and she laughed that off too...my bathtub didnt hold water; I did NOT want a shower...and this is even before we sleep...I can't say how the am breakfast will be...but this isn't so great...

Room Tip: try the more quaint places closer to town...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Probably the nicest Comfort Inn I've stayed in. Nothing extremely special but the rooms are very well furnished and the lobby was pleasant. The pool is not very big but is indoors and was great for swimming laps. Location is convenient but as central to downtown as some of the other hotels are.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
New Kensington
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed at this Comfort Inn this past weekend and were pleasantly surprised with a very nice stay. We reserved 13 rooms for our group of wrestlers and parents and they were able to put us all together, which doesn't always happen when we block rooms at other hotels. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating and the rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The complimentary breakfast and pool were a bonus. We would definitely stay at this Comfort Inn again!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and kids (pets) love staying at the Comfort Inn in Gettysburg. Being a reenactor we are there often. The new renovations are great! Large TVs, nice decore, and the staff are the best! The staff are very welcoming and friendly and considerate to your every need. We feel like it is our second home being there! Recommend it highly!

Room Tip: 2nd floor quiter
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My husband and I were pleased to see that the Comfort Inn in Gettysburg has been fixed up. Our room had new carpet, curtains, heater/ac, TV, furniture, phone, etc. It was very nice. Two slight problems- the showerhead was supposed to have different jets, but when I turned it, nothing happened and the toilet could have been cleaner. But we were happy with the room. The pool was a different story. The entire room smelled of a chemical, not chlorine. The pool was chilly and it always has been. The hot tub jets were a waste of time and the surface had been painted, so it was slippery and I almost fell. They sent an email asking for a review and they only allow 256 caracters in the comment box, so I couldn't say everything I wanted to. 256 doesn't go very far. Also, when we checked in I asked for a late check out. We are supposed to be entitled to it with Choice Priviledge membership. I was told noon. It used to be 2 PM. I asked again the next day (we stayed two nights) and was told between 1 and 2 PM. I don't know why I got different answers. Even with the minor problems I would recommend the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: I always ask for the second floor and back of the building.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple