1,944 results
All reviews welty house texas room shoo fly pie brick house brian tessa south carolina shoofly pie new england bullet holes within walking distance breakfast was delicious rocking chairs owners and staff baltimore street cookies private porch gracious hosts
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

We had the pleasure of a two night stay at The Brickhouse! The room was lovely and very clean(we stayed in The Carriage house this time). We walked to Cemetery Hill in the morning (3 min. Walk) and got some great pictures. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We were even able to get a breakfast to go because of a very early departure! Thank you for another great stay!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank triptaker46052
Reviewed 4 October 2015

The perfect fit to celebrate our anniversary. Beautiful grounds, comfy room,(cottage house room) close to everything we had on our list of things to see and do. Tessa & Brian where great hosts giving suggestions on what to do and see, plus whipping up some yummy breakfasts : )

L & B (Palmyra, NJ )

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at the Brickhouse last September for the first time. We loved the Inn, the gardens, and the staff so much that we stayed there again for our second trip back to Gettysburg. I can't imagine us staying anywhere else! We chose the Carriage House room this time, which is a room in its own building in the garden. It was so quiet and peaceful there, and the direct access to the parking lot was great since we are always on the go. We also didn't have to worry about disturbing other guests as we were the only ones in the building. The breakfasts were delicious. I am a very fussy eater, but I ate every meal with no complaints! The staff definitely go out of their way for anything you may need. My fiancé and I have been the youngest guests there when we stayed, but we never felt out of place and feel at home and welcome there. We cannot wait to go back to Gettysburg and of course to the Brickhouse in the future!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed 2 October 2015

I loved my 2-night stay at the Brickhouse Inn this week - in the Virginia room. The inn and my room were lovely, and they looked just as pictured on the web site. The Virginia room was small, but it was perfect for this solo traveler. (It's on the 3rd floor, so leave your heavier suitcases home!) The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom had everything I needed - down to the special dark washcloth for removing makeup, and Dixie cups for water!

Tessa and Brian were warm and gracious hosts. The breakfasts they served were fabulous: fruit cup; an egg dish with potatoes, bacon or sausage; and a dessert. I was seated at one of two larger tables in the main dining room at 8:15 (there was also a breakfast seating at 9:15), and there were several tables in the other dining room.

The inn is located on Baltimore Street near the intersection of Steinwehr Avenue. I walked just around the corner to visit the Sunset Ice Cream Parlor (owned by Tessa) on Steinwehr, and up Baltimore Street about 4 blocks to visit downtown Gettysburg. There is convenient guest parking in the alley behind the B&B. There aren't enough parking spaces for every vehicle when the inn is full, but there was plenty of parking on the street just behind the inn - as I learned when I returned from dinner at 10 p.m. my first night! I have stayed in hotels east of town on Route 30 on two previous visits to Gettysburg, and it was SO much nicer to stay right in the center of town this time!

I loved my short visit to Gettysburg, and it was enhanced by my stay at the lovely Brickhouse Inn!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2015

This B&B is a period building as well as the furnishings. It is in keeping with the history of the area. I felt like I had stepped back in time, but not as far as the hospitality of the owners, they could not have been more hospitable and considerate and accommodating!
The breakfast was prepared to perfection, even a choice of, "shoefly pie".
They sent us directions on where to park, since you can not park on all the streets. There are restaurants close by and the battlefield is about 5 minutes away.
We spent 2 nights here, but wished we could have stayed more.
You will have an opportunity to meet other guests, since they have 15 rooms between the two buildings.
This B&B is a delightfull place to stay, clean, comfortable, great location and as I have already mentioned, delicious food and treats.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple