All reviews the barn morning history tack room ghost stories history lesson each morning civil war cookies outdoor cats local historian cats roaming hideaway room root beer breakfast was delicious b and b pre breakfast wedding venue
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My Husband and I had never been to Gettysburg before. We had planned on staying at 3 different locations during our visit, but ended up extending our stay here at the Battlefield Bed & Breakfast. We loved it so much! From the moment we walked in the door, we felt welcome. The staff were all so nice, and the breakfasts were amazing! The morning history presentations before breakfast were quite interesting and informative. The rooms were well kept and the place was very clean. We would highly recommend the Battlefield B&B for anyone that is wanting a relaxing vacation in a warm atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

My husband and I returned to the Battlefield Inn, where we were united in marriage one year ago. Our anniversary visit was every bit as memorable as our first. We were delighted to find that Saturday morning's history presentation was to be delivered by none other than our new friend, Rev. Ron Crawford, who had officiated our ceremony last September.

As always, breakfast was delicious and we met some very nice people. If you are every concerned about people bringing their dogs to the Inn...let me just tell you that on both of our visits, the dogs (not more than 1 or 2) were well mannered and their owners were ever so careful not to infringe upon the other guests, especially during breakfast. As for me, I think the pets made the Inn that much more cozy. And, while we're on the subject of cozy--Bill Ward, who is the Inn's Manager, bakes cookies every afternoon for the guests. How wonderful is that??

My final note is for the lady from CA, whom I met at our breakfast table... I'm sorry I didn't get your name..I'm so glad we shared our cancer stories...and I'll be praying for your continued victory.

Room Tip: Swan Cottage and Graham's Artillery on the first floor..
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed at the Battlefield Bed & Breakfast for the first time in 2011, and when we decided to return to Gettysburg this year, it was clear we would stay there again. I believe it is the only B&B in the Gettysburg area that welcome pets. Their view is that pets are members of the family and deserve to stay with their family. Our dog Tessa loves it. She is allowed throughout the inn (except the kitchen) and views herself as the official greeter of all who enter the inn. She loves the grounds and farm setting, which is just wonderful to walk around. She likes to lay in the middle of the group as we listen to the morning history lecture. She does not get to attend breakfast although she would like to. The breakfasts are among the best I've ever had, and a wonderful start to the day. Next time we visit Gettysburg, we will be back!

Room Tip: If bringing a dog, the room we stayed in was perfect. Reilly's North Carolina Artillery suite is on the first floor and right next to an exit door so it is very easy in and out to take the dog for a walk. Though off the common areas, the guests are respectful and the room is nice and quiet.
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband and I have been to Gettysburg 6 times in the past 10 years. We are civil war/history buffs and just love the area, so we decided to spend our week out here for our 20th wedding anniversary. We have resided in many places in Gettysburg, but have never come here. We are glad we did and "when" we did. When reading the reviews that this place was "kid friendly" and allowed children under 12 I was hesitant to come here. We don't have kids and when we go on vacation we really don't want to be up close and personal with somebody elses. We like kids, but we usually have the luck to run across the worst most of the time. We came the week right after labor day and stayed 2 nights. It was a very peaceful country setting and very remote. If you are looking for a place walking distance to the battlefield, this isn't your place to stay. It was much further out than we thought, but we were very happy with it.

The history talks before breakfast were nice, though one of the presenters was pretty opinionated about what side he was for during the battle. If you are from the South or have confederate ancestors, be prepared to have a thick skin for his presentation. The the other fellow was much better.

As far as the Inn and its staff, they go to great lengths to make you feel welcome. There were fresh cookies each afternoon, a Keurig coffee maker, and a kettle on 24 hours for tea. I need decaf and it was there in plenty, which i appreciated greatly. The breakfast is VERY generous and reminded me more of B&Bs I have visited in Ireland. Enough food to get you through most of the day for even the biggest eater.

The grounds are lovely and very rustic. There are lots of barn cats roaming and a great deal are very friendly. We are cat people, so this was an added bonus for us. The last night here I enoyed an evening toddy with a gray kitty on my lap. It was very relaxing and tranquil.

The room was lovely. We were in the 7th Georgia room. If you want peace and quiet, I would suggest this room as there are no other rooms adjoining it. The parlor is nice and the dining room nice too. We actually spent our only full day here hanging out here most of the day. We have been to Gettysburg many times, so we took advantage of just enjoying the quiet of the place.

I would recommend coming here and would come back if the opportunity presented.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We didn't think anything could top our previous visits to the Battlefield Bed and Breakfast until we spent a night in the new Tack Room in the barn. Beautiful and spacious with the room retaining the original beams and rock walls of the 1820's barn. We had a huge king-sized bed and the children had a fold-out sofa bed; which was equally as comfortable.There was, also, a walk-in closet and fireplace. The bathroom had a lovely jacuzzi and an enormous walk-in shower. Everything was spotlessly clean and lovely. A patio was located right outside the room where the children could sit and pet the horse, pony and donkey and watch the goats and sheep.
The food was exceptional as always as was the history lesson. Just a perfect experience each time we have stayed at the Battlefield Bed and Breakfast.
The Tack Room is a wonderful place to stay if you want a romantic, relaxing trip, or just want to come and enjoy the animals and atmosphere of the barn. An amazing spot for anyone who loves to ghost hunt, as we had a few unusual experiences there, but nothing too spooky to prevent the kids from wanting to go again. In fact, we can't wait to go for another visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family