All reviews the barn morning history tack room history lesson ghost stories civil war each morning cookies outdoor cats social hour local historian hideaway room root beer breakfast was delicious pre breakfast grounds are beautiful b and b
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My "first" time at this Inn and in Gettysburg was during the first week of July, and the 149th-anniversary of the Battle back in 1863. I wanted to experience first hand the heat both sides felt during the war. I was not disappointed! It got to be 103-degrees, but I paced myself and had a very educational trip. This B&B is the absolutel best stay I can ever remember. It's like a Midsummer's Night Dream, without Woody Allen. The history lessons, the"yummy" breakfasts, the conversation each and every day with other guests and Florence, Bill, Helen and rest of the staff who cared for us and pampered us was beyond anything I imagined. The cats have eyes like some of the ghost generals that haunt this delightful place. If you think you've lost your childhood innocence due to adult life, I promise...you will find it here. All you have to do when you get out of your car, is look around and "just breathe." The rest will fall into place.

Room tip: Keep it simple. All the rooms are great!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here for only 2 nights and wished it was for 2 more! The rooms were delightfully furnished and the parlor was so comfortable. Cookies at night and a good breakfast in the morning. My daughter liked the kittens the very best! and my husband and I loved the morning talks by local historians. If you are lucky enough to stay there, you will never forget it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We found this B&B because we were looking for a place that accepted dogs. We'd stay here even if they didn't accept dogs. This place was like DisneyWorld for our dog who was overwhelmed between the 30 cats, the goats, sheep, horses, donkey, bull frogs and turtles. The inn is lovely and the staff is very accommodating. Breakfast was fabulous both mornings, but the French Toast was especially delicious. They have speaking programs some evenings and before breakfast. The Union Soldier was especially educational. We stayed in the Texas Infantry Room our first night, which was great, but moved to the Tack Room for our second night. I highly recommend it, but there is a rooster in the barn who will wake you up rather early. The only drawback was all the cats because our dog just went nuts when he saw them and it was impossible to keep him from barking anytime we walked him.

Although the Inn is outside town, we liked being away from the congestion and it was an easy trip to through the battlefields and to the Museum Center.

Room tip: Tack Room is great if you want to be away from the main house. There's a little more privacy and a great whirlpool tub, huge shower.
Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank lisammc285
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We have stayed in the Battlefield B and B on 3 separate occasions.The Inn was a Civil War era farm, the original barn and house are still there. Taking a stroll around the farm is relaxing and beautiful. They serve a delicious breakfast with a fascinating Civil War history presentation offered in the dining room. The cookies are a real treat and there is a never ending supply of coffee, tea or hot chocolate. the rooms are lovely and the staff always friendly, helpful and professional. Located near enough to town to make it convenient but far enough away to give a serene experience after a busy day.

Date of stay: October 2011
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The location on the Emmitsburg Road perfect for access to everything to do with the battlefield. Everything is either 19th Century or made to look so and even with all the memorabilia it was incrediably clean and fresh. The breakfasts were not to be missed as the food and variety was excellent. Perhaps the greatest added value were the morning history presentations. Each of the lecturers brought thier passion for the history of Gettysburg to life and each engaged the guests. We also enjoyed the ghost stories on Friday night but slept through any paranormal activity that may have occurred. The minimum to take in Gettysburg is two full days.

Room tip: Dragoon was incredibly quiet!
1  Thank John T