Super 8 by Wyndham Gettysburg
Econo Lodge(Gettysburg)
  • Pool
Courtyard Gettysburg(Gettysburg)
1,219 results
All reviewswafflesfront deskroom was cleanindoor poolhot tubcontinental breakfastthe wi fifirst floorstay there againnice place to stayone night staya great stayparking lotdowntown gettysburgmotelcerealpillows
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Not only was this hotel beautiful and in a beautiful location, but the beds were simply amazing. It was like sleeping on a cloud, or so I would imagine.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Brian N, Group Sales Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2015

We are so happy you had an excellent stay! I see that you really enjoyed a great night's sleep on our beds and enjoyed the entire hotel. Our staff greatly appreciates the high marks you gave them and the hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Stayed just one night. Even though we had requested a ground floor room when we booked it months prior it wasn't recorded. Luckily they had one available but we had to push for it. The room was clean, not immaculate but clean. Did smell of smoke and in fact an ozone machine was in the room. Maybe the past guest smoked which he should have been charged a cleaning fee and we should have been told. We didn't stay in the room much through. Just to sleep so it wasn't a huge deal.

Not a bad place to stay but there is better if you're picky. For the price is stay again.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

I apologize that the first floor request did come through our system, but thankful we were able to fulfill this request in spite of the confusion. We do try to handle all of our guests requests before they check in. I am sorry that the room smelled of smoke and I see that the ozone machine was in the room to take care of the problem. We do charge a cleaning fee for smoking in a non smoking room and our hotel will be non smoking in all rooms in 2016. I do see that the room was clean otherwise and your stay was good. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

Paid way too much for a below average stay. Was placed on the second floor, with NO elevator---my wife and I are both over 70 years old, had to drag our suitcases up the smelly stairs, carpet dirty, room bathroom was in poor shape. molding missing in places around tub--overall miserable stay. compounded by having to pay WAY too much!!!!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K6276FQmichaelv
Brian N, Group Sales Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

I am sorry that you believe the amount you paid for your room was too much, we do try to be competitive with the other hotels in the area. We would have been happy to place you on the first floor if we could as we do try to accommodate our guests, but this may have been impossible due to the first floor being booked up. I apologize for the condition of your room and assure you that this is not the normal condition of our rooms. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

The room was very clean and the hotel lobby and breakfast area were both fine. But, Super 8 hotels in general are construction worker hotels. By that I mean these are places where Conrail and similar large companies with crews on the road put their crews for the night. The result is they are somewhat less sensitive to other guests than your average business person. Our room had an door to the adjoining room, as many do. There were three men in the room next door and about 10pm they started smoking in there and it filled our room with cigarette smoke. I got out of bed and asked the front desk if we were on a smoking floor. They said no and placed a call to the room next to us. It appeared that they stopped smoking because the smoke odor did subside. I've stayed in Motel 8 hotels and similar types of hotels in the past when I had to travel on short notice and could not book into a Hyatt or similar. And I've run into this same problem in those as well.
The staff was very responsive to my complaint. And when we checked out, they deducted the pet fee we had paid for our dog. Not sure I'd stay at this hotel again simply because the track record for these hotels is the construction types pretty much ignore all the rules.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that there was a guest smoking in the room next to you, and I am happy to see that it was taken care of quickly. We do hope that our guests are considerate of others and will adhere to the rules of their room. Unfortunately those guests did not and as such were asked not to return. I am glad we were able to discount your stay because of the issue. I would like to note that we are going to be a totally nonsmoking hotel as of 2016. I do see that otherwise the room was clean and comfortable and service was excellent. I hope that you will not let the inconsideration of others keep you away from our hotel for your next visit to Gettysburg.

Reviewed 21 October 2015