“A little out of the way”
Review of The Livery

The Livery
Ranked #55 of 136 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Herr's Ridge Rd.
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I've eaten at just about every restaurant in Gettysburg, so decided to venture out to the outskirts of town and try this grille out. The reviews I had previously read left me a little leery but I must say, I'm sorry for their experience, but mine was quite satisfactory. In the lower level of a Civil War Period barn, it is actually divided into 3 distinct seating areas, that would cater to the type of experience you wish to have. Try it out. It doesn't try to sell itself as the Herr's Inn Restaurant so lower your expectations from their fine dining. It is a bar and grille. Enjoy!

herrtav, Public Relations Manager at The Livery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

We are so glad you decided to visit our restaurant within a mile of down town. Thank you very much for your positive review and look forward to your future visits with us as we strive to give great food and great service to all of our guests.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We came here because we had a coupon for 15% off. The food was average at best, the wait time for drink refills and to get our food was very slow. There was only one waitress working, I felt sorry for her she was overwhelmed. I doubt I'd go here again

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We decided to try a new restaurant a little outside of town. What a disappointment! First, it is really more of a (sad) little bar than an restaurant. Only when we left did we see that you could sit outside. The hostess, who is also the only server, did not offer us seating but told us to sit wherever we wanted. We ordered the apple salad (not very interesting ... spinach on a plate with apples around the edge and a few walnuts). Also ordered the Buffalo Chicken sandwich. It came with a fried chicken patty with a bland sweet sauce (not spicy at all) and no blue cheese (although that was listed on the menu). The fries were good. The service was very slow even though it was not very busy. We will not make this mistake again.....

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We were here last year for our anniversary. We are back again in Gettysburg for our 30th and decided to try this place again. The food was still good but it was a limited menu because it was Trivia Night. We did not see a sign anywhere announcing that until we were told after getting a seat. To say the least, it wasn't the quiet meal we were expecting. Next time, I will ask questions before getting a booth.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I wasn't expecting a 5 star place going here. I previously had eaten at the Gettysburg Diner which was just terrible. The place is kind of hard to find as my GPS had me turning at a lane that wasn't there. It's on the other side of Herr's Tavern and my slip has that on it so they must be both together. I had the Southwest Chicken Quesadilla for $12.95 and she had an Apple Walnut Salad for $9.95. Our service was great and as a matter of a fact we sent her away 3-4 times as it was a starter date and we were trying to get to know each other. I rate a restaurant on whether I would go back there again and yes I would do that.

Been to The Livery? Share your experiences!