“What a difference a year makes”
Review of The Livery

The Livery
Ranked #55 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Herr's Ridge Rd.
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We were here last year for our anniversary. We are back again in Gettysburg for our 30th and decided to try this place again. The food was still good but it was a limited menu because it was Trivia Night. We did not see a sign anywhere announcing that until we were told after getting a seat. To say the least, it wasn't the quiet meal we were expecting. Next time, I will ask questions before getting a booth.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I wasn't expecting a 5 star place going here. I previously had eaten at the Gettysburg Diner which was just terrible. The place is kind of hard to find as my GPS had me turning at a lane that wasn't there. It's on the other side of Herr's Tavern and my slip has that on it so they must be both together. I had the Southwest Chicken Quesadilla for $12.95 and she had an Apple Walnut Salad for $9.95. Our service was great and as a matter of a fact we sent her away 3-4 times as it was a starter date and we were trying to get to know each other. I rate a restaurant on whether I would go back there again and yes I would do that.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Well this is my first negative review on Trip advisor. Where do you start... Ok start by going somewhere else!!!

We had a group of us go after a soccer game and we waited for an hour to start getting our entrees. But it came out one at a time. The 4 kids meals ordered were a Mac and Cheese meal, 2 quesadilla and fish tacos. It doesn't take 1 hour to make any one of those. The fish tacos' were made with such spicy sauce that it was even hot for me to eat and I love spicy food! The rest of us ordered hamburgers and I ordered the beer battered fish and chips. Which I waited actually and hour and a half to get them. Now when I got my food I was already planning on giving the fish to my youngest who at this point is downing her 3rd or 4th glass of water from the fish tacos. But she couldn't eat the fish that I ordered over an hour and a half ago because the fish is ice cold in the middle! I at that point didn't even wait for the waiter/bartender to come back and check on us I took the plate up to the bar and showed them the fish that was basically still swimming and told them to just remove it from my check!

And what really ticks me off we had no manager stop by and say he was sorry and I paid full price for the entire remainder of my bill. That's it I will definitely not be going back to this place ever.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Touring the battlefields of Gettysburg with friends and we were on this end of town around lunch time. It was a mistake to stop. We sure do miss the Appalachian Brewing Company that use to be near Robert E Lee's command house and this side of town but alas it is no longer there since they reclaimed the land for the park. It was 11:30 on a Saturday and maybe 4 other people in the place on the patio. We sat inside and ordered. After a few minutes our server came back and said they did not have the soup we had ordered nor 2 of the sandwiches so we had to review the menu again. Then they did not have the hard cider our friend had ordered. Sorry but this is a Saturday in July and the kitchen is not ready or already out of food? Why is it on the menu or at least inform the server so that they can communicate that is available or not. We will not be back and will be looking for another place to eat on that side of town when we do our touring of the battlefield.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

When we were there the service was not good at all, the food was soso and they were out of a lot of thing on the menu at 5:30 in the evening... We have no intention of going back the place was not as clean as we would like to see and service was very slow and not very attentive

Been to The Livery? Share your experiences!