“A waste of time and money ”

Sleepy Hollow Ghost Tours
Ranked #20 of 29 Tours in Gettysburg
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This past Friday my two friends and I were passing through Gettysburg. We wanted to do a ghost tour and this one seemed interesting. We paid $15 a piece and waited for our tour to start. The woman that sold us the tickets was dressed up in period clothing. We were pretty disappointed to learn that our tour guide Mary would only be in street clothes. We started the tour and the tour guide broke out a bunch of paranormal equipment. Most of it didn't work, so she passed around what did work and pendulums. After some walking around and loose historical stories she had us use the pendulums to get yes or no answers out of spirits. The whole thing was terribly boring. We considered just leaving and we really should have. This train wreck went on for over 90 minutes. We have taken a few other ghost tours in Gettysburg over the years and this, by far was the worst. I do not recommend whatsoever!

3  Thank angryredhead28
"rods"
"folklore"
"believer"

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Our tour guide was Steve. He did a great job! He has a good mix of historical facts along with ghostly phenomenon. It is a walking tour over 3-4 blocks of downtown Gettysburg. Steve very astutely reminded us that downtown Gettysburg WAS part of the battlefield. We used the diving rods to "chat" with a ghost named Bill. This is the real deal, people! Take the evening tour. Ours, I think, was around 8:30 or something like that. The price is reasonable especially for what you get. Also, my 10 year old daughter went. Talking to Bill was a little scary for her, but she survived. Now its all she talks about.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I went on this tour with my two boys. They did have a lot of hands on things but our guide wasn't the best. He talked a lot about how great he was and all the great things he can do. Our other people in our group didn't participate very much. It just seemed so boring and hard to believe anything. We wished we would've tried a different ghost tour.

2  Thank theshu2121
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We went on this tour at 10 o'clock last night and our tour guide, Kayla was wonderful. It's a very hands on experience with EMF sensors, temperature gauges and more. We got to use some of the equipment and while I was already a believer in the spirit world, this just confirmed it. A spirit came through and used the rods to pick my daughter out of the crowd when given her name. I had the opportunity to hold the rods at one point and I can tell you they are for real. I could feel the energy moving them. We also for a moment smelled a strong smell of campfire. Even got names from the ghost box Kayla had. Cheaper than many of the other ghost tours too. I would recommend doing the night tour only because the darkness adds to the whole experience.